Weaponry (Mortal Instruments)

This one shot is going to feature Natalia from my previous Mortal Instruments one shot. It will also feature Simon and Isabelle. Natalia and Celeste are parabatai that live in Idris. Simon is there with them preparing for his Ascension.

This one shot is sorta based off of the beginning of the second chapter in City of Fallen Angels.

The katana in the media is what Natalia's looks like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natalia's POV

I balanced on the beam as I switched my phone to the other ear.

"So how are you doing, Isabelle? We haven't talked in awhile," I said. We rarely talked. Her mom didn't let her call that often.

"Pretty good. What about you?" I could picture her sitting on her bed as we talked, twisting her bracelets around her wrist. I had traveled to the New York Institute six months ago, and we became good friends. Staying in touch was pretty hard, though.

"Good. Simon's doing really well so far. I think the Clave will be really impressed with how Celeste and I have been training him." I walked to the other side of the beam, then stopped to tighten the cord around my waist.

"That's great. Clary really misses him." I switched my phone again.

"Yeah, I figured. He'll only be here for the rest of the year, though. I'm going to miss him." I sighed and continued walking.

"He's going to miss you too." I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose.

"I still feel bad for dating him. If I had known that you liked him, I would have never said yes."

"Don't feel bad. For the tenth time, I promise that I'm not mad at you for dating him. You guys are adorable together." I blushed, then I sat down on a beam and let my feet dangle over the side.

"I still feel bad."

"Don't." I heard footsteps approaching the door. It was probably Celeste or Simon.

"Fine. Hey, I'm sorry, but I've got to go. Someone's coming." She knew that I was supposed to be training.

"No problem. I'll text you later. Bye, Natalia!"

"Bye, Isabelle." I groaned. I hated having to get off the phone. Having no available pockets, I stuck the phone in the waistband of my yoga pants. I stood up just as the person came in. It was Simon.

Simon's POV

I opened the door to the training room, hoping Natalia would be in there. I looked around. Nobody. I sighed, just as a figure came hurtling down from the rafters, caramel hair flying through the air. It was Natalia, thank God. I'd been looking all over for her. She landed gracefully on her feet. I realized I was still standing by the door. I moved toward her as she started talking.

"Hey, Simon," she said cheerfully.

"Hi," I replied, "I was wondering if you could help me out with daggers. I heard that you're the best in the Institute with them." I blushed a little. She smiled.

"Oh, thanks. I would say Celeste's the best, but ok. Just let me put this stuff away and then I can help you. Do you mind running to my room and grabbing my daggers?"

"No, not at all. Which room is yours again?"

"23. Right next to Celeste's. The daggers are on my desk. They're a pair. One is red, the other blue. Thanks."

"No problem. I'll be right back." I left the training room quickly, a little flustered that I would be going into a girl's bedroom. Natalia's room was very close to the training room. I went inside, and was amazed at how it looked. She had band posters, achievement awards, and framed quotes and pictures. There was a fancy glass case with a sword in it. The hilt of the sword had rubies and adamas, the material for seraph blades, in it. There was a plaque underneath the sword that had an inscription on it. I moved closer to read it.

Angelis

This is the sword of Abigail Shadowhunter. As the first Iron Sister, she crafted this sword and meant to give it to her brother. She kept it and passed it on to her brother's first child. The sword has been passed on through generations of Shadowhunters. It is still used in battle today.

I wondered why Natalia had a famous sword in her room. It was passed down from generations, but who had passed it on to her? I remembered watching her practice with it in the training room a few weeks ago. She was so graceful with it; why did she prefer bow and arrows and daggers? I brushed my thoughts aside and continued looking for her daggers. Moving through the room, I saw another glass case with what I thought at first was another sword inside. As I moved closer I realized that it was a Japanese katana. She must love her weaponry, I thought to myself. This case also had an inscription on it.

James Carstairs' katana. This Japanese sword was a birthday gift from his father when he was ten. Later on he attempted to teach his parabatai, William Herondale, how to use it, but to no avail. He passed it on to his daughter, Natalia Carstairs, hoping that she would find use of it.

I remembered a training lesson from Natalia where she taught me how to use the katana. When she fought with one it looked so natural and elegant; when I used one I almost sliced her hand off. I continued the search for the daggers, finding them gleaming on her desk. I grabbed them and headed to the training room.

A/N: I loved writing this chapter. It was really fun to write. Please tell me what you think of it. Comment for a part 2 (I might write it anyway). REQUESTS ARE OPEN!

-Natalia