Chapter 1:

Ocean's P.O.V
Growing up without parents is one of the hardest things a child can go through. No, I don't live on my own, or in an orphanage, I live with my best friend Indy, a girl who I would be willing to die for, and a girl who would be willing to die for me. It all happened four years ago. At the time I was nine and didn't really understand my parents love for the sea. I was staying with Indy and her family for a week whilst my parents took on yet another undiscovered part of the ocean, in hope of finding a shipwreck so valuable that if discovered, we'd never have to work another day in our life. But the  that they were supposed to arrive home, Rachel - indy's mum - received a phone call from them.

"A terrible storm has arrived and it's very unlikely we'll make it back alive." My mum had said. "Come on! You say that every time." Rachel whined "but you always make it." Rachel's voice was starting to become desperate as she couldn't loose her childhood bestie. "Rachel, I know this must be hard to hear but if we don't make it, we want you to look after Ocean, and everyday remind her how much we loved her." The phone was beginning to crackle. "I love you Rachel, you have always been there for me." And before Rachel could reply the line went dead. Those were the last known words my parents had ever said.

Four years on and life couldn't be more difficult. Indy and I's first school dance is this Friday and both of us have dates but neither of us have dresses, or shoes, but fortunately after my parents death I gained all there money so I could defiantly afford any dress I liked. My long blonde curls bounced on my shoulders as I dragged Indy out the door and in the direction of the mall. Shopping was one of my favourite past times but Indy was a different story. She preferred sports over shopping and movies over books. As we entered the main entrance we were hit by a large wave of air con, coming from all directions. This was one of my favourite parts about the mall, being cooled instantly after stepping in doors.

"So what to now, star bucks, glassons, dotti?" I asked hoping to enthuse indy just a little. "Umm, dotti first, lets get this over and done with." She replied in a bored tone, but i could tell that we were going to have a blast today.

After shopping for three long hours we each had the perfect outfit ready for friday. I had found a light blue Maxi dress, blue to match my eyes and flowing like the ocean i thought. Where as Indy had gone for a simple light purple t shirt dress as it was comfortable and looked stunning on her. Now with perfect dates, and perfect dresses, and of coarse each other, our first dance ought to go fabulous.

***********************************

A/N Hi, i hope you like the first chaper, Ella
and I cowriting this book so the writing style may vary, but i hope you continue reading 😃 ~ Holly