Chapter 2: All I Know is Pouring Rain

Taylor stared into the boy's azure blue eyes with awe. "What am I supposed to say?" she thought to herself. The boy waited for a reply and noticed how nervous she was, just by looking at her trembling hands.

Taylor picked up her laptop and coffee and before she knew it, she heard a familiar ring of a bell and felt a sudden rush of cold air blow on her face. She was leaving, and for what reason? She couldn't quite figure it out herself. Maybe she was just too nervous to talk to him? Or possibly the thought of even being seen with another guy, which the media always over-exaggerates into a relationship rather than just a friendship, would bring in even more hate and paparazzi following her around? The paparazzi waiting outside were definitely apart of it.

Before hopping back into her car, she looked back through the front window of Rosy's Cafe to find the red-haired boy staring back at her with confusion mixed with an empty expression.

The next day was yet another day off for Taylor. There wasn't much she wanted to do so she decided to take a stroll through Centennial Park in downtown Nashville by Cumberland River. It was known for its beautiful display of flowers.

When Taylor arrived it was lightly raining so she carried an umbrella. She looked around at all the brightly-colored flowers, ranging from neon yellow to a light pink. With all the water droplets, the colors were even brighter. She made her way around to the playground. It made her happy seeing all the little children playing on the playground with no care in the world, jumping around in all the glowing radiance. Days off like today were things that she often needed- just a simple break from all the hardwork and media.

From her wooden bench, Taylor noticed women knitting with babies in strollers on the far side of the playground and several kids running around and playing all sorts of games. She giggled as she saw two little kids, a boy and a girl that were about 7 or 8 years old, chasing each other. It reminded her of the time when her neighbors from her childhood were telling her about how they met when they were 7 and 9 years old, soon fell in love and got married.

A beautiful, majestic sound coming from somewhere behind her stopped Taylor right in the middle of this memory. Without even thinking she stood up with curiosity to where this noise was coming from, and she followed its exquisite, angelic strum.

When she came around the corner by a tree and a few bushes, Taylor saw a crowd of people surrounding somebody playing what sounded like an acoustic guitar, which happened to be her all-time favorite instrument. She pushed through the crowd to get a better look and she immediately felt butterflies in her stomach and her heartbeat become unsteady- her eyes came across the boy from the cafe she'd ran away from yesterday.

Taylor was intuitive and noticed how each strum of his acoustic guitar flowed so perfectly together, making her feel like she was floating in mid-air.

When the boy from Rosy's Cafe finished the song, he held his head up to scan the crowd and give a little smile when he saw Taylor and his whole body tensed up. His expression became blank as the crowd began to disperse, and there was standing only him and Taylor.

"Hi, my name's Ed." the boy held his hand out for Taylor to shake and gave her a grin.