9.

"Perfect!" shouted Harry as he stormed back into the house, seeing Liam eating what he usually had for breakfast – Honey Nut Cheerios; the milk dribbling down his chin. "He must have popped my tires after he left last night!"

"Who?" asked Liam with his mouth full, trying to swallow it down even as he stuck the spoon back into his mouth.

He didn't leave the house until two more hours passed since he was a gym teacher, but Harry always left extremely early in order to greet his students as they walked into the building. He wanted them to get the feeling of importance when he did so that they could go about the rest of their day smoothly.

"L– Mr.Tomlinson!" said Harry angrily, and Liam raised his eyebrow in shock. In the A.M was when Harry was the happiest, usually starting everyday off with a huge smile on his face and positive attitude; but this time he was starting off pensive and frustrated. It was unlike anything Liam had seen before, yet so amusing. "And now I'm going to get to work late, and the kids will be upset–!"

"Relax, just use my car to get to work. I'll ask Danielle for a ride." interrupted Liam, but then began grinning from ear to ear. "Mr.Tomlinson was here? Were you guys on some date or something?"

"No! We had to bake those cupcakes for the fundraiser– I almost forgot them! Can you take them out of the oven and wrap it, please? Where are your car keys?" asked Harry frantically, walking into the living room and immediately walking over to the mantel where they keep small things.

"Under the cup on the mantel." responded Liam as he followed Harry's instructions, grabbing the plastic cupcake holder and placing them in each slot one by one. Harry found the keys and slid the ring attached to it around his finger so that he wouldn't drop them, eyeing Mr.Tomlinson's backpack in front of his foot and taking that as well. "So nothing happened with you guys while I was gone...?"

"Nothing! We just made cupcakes- and then kissed." mumbled Harry, his voice getting lower towards the end, but Liam heard him loud and clear and began to choke. He wouldn't be able to keep this from his best friend anyways, so it was better to tell him now than later. "But it meant nothing. We were just fooling around and one thing lead to another."

"Okay, but did he kiss you first or-"

There was silence from Harry and Liam began to bang his hand on the countertop as if he was an ape, his expression wild and disconcerted. He couldn't form words to express how he was feeling to Harry, sticking only to shrieking and squealing until he was able to speak again, a hysterical smile on his face. "Liam, it really isn't-"

"You kissed him first? Fuck, Harry, you're a savage! How did it feel? Did you guys end up having sex in here? Is that why my bed smells like that?" interrogated Liam, and Harry really wished that Liam would hurry up with packing his cupcakes because he couldn't handle answering all of these questions right now. He knew that he needed to head off to work, but he also knew better not to blow off his best friend while he was in an excited mood.

"One, your bed smells like that because of you. I thought I was high when I kissed him."

"You- You thought that you were high? You're joking right? Because I really want to laugh."

Cringing, Harry shook his head and took the protected cupcakes, avoiding eye contact with Liam as he stared at Harry with a perplexed gaze. He didn't feel like reminiscing the events that went down in the kitchen last night because he had already thought about them before he went to sleep, which was only for two hours. He couldn't believe that he stayed up all night because of this man who hated him one minute and then was kissing him the next- but that was probably all for the prank. "He put kale leaves in the cupcakes and told me that it was weed. I believed him and then- got caught up."