02. One Night Stand

"I'm speechless!" My best friend, Elisa Rhodes, screamed at the top of her lungs while a silver glint filled her doe eyes

"I'm speechless!" My best friend, Elisa Rhodes, screamed at the top of her lungs while a silver glint filled her doe eyes. If crazy had a look, she was the definition of it. Her blue hair was teased to the sky and her lips were covered in soft black lipstick, looking like Wednesday Addams if she liked color. "I'm really speechless!"

"If you were really speechless," I smoothed my hands down the black pencil skirt that fell just above my knees. I borrowed it from her for the interview. She was all too happy to give me a makeover even though I only asked for something to wear. That's the kind of girl she was. Loving but always seeming to suffer from an identity crisis. "You wouldn't be talking right now."

"There's a difference between using sass and being an ass." She laughed, snapping her fingers in my face. They were covered in the same cherry red nail polish that mine were. It was on the verge of being trashy and classy all at the same time I loved it. "Learn it before you hurt my feelings!"

I rolled my eyes, sliding on a pair of red three inch heels.

They really didn't deserve to be called heels, but I couldn't walk in anything else. I was too much of a klutz for that. Besides I really didn't need the extra height anyway. I was only four inches away from being six foot. I could do without the extra oomph. I didn't need the extra inches like some people.

Cough... cough.

I threw on a white tank top while Elisa poked and prodded my auburn hair. She said she was putting it in a bun, but it didn't take twenty minutes to put your hair in a freaking bun! It was called the lazy girl hairstyle for a reason.

"What are you doing to me?" I groaned as she yanked my head back with a strong force. God, she was pulling it too hard. I probably wasn't going to have any hair left by the time she was done with it. "Is this what Daniel meant when he said that you like it rough?"

"Oh, my God! He said that?" Her hands dropped down to her sides instantly and I was relieved of the pain. If only it could stay like this. "I thought he liked the handcuffs and the whips. I thought he liked the way I"

"Don't even finish that sentence." I laughed, shaking my head in embarrassment and revulsion. She was too much sometimes. "I don't want to hear about your sex life before I go in for a job interview, okay?"

"Does that mean you want to hear about it later?" She double winked at me, failing to be even remotely sexy. It just looked like she had something in her eye. That's probably what I looked like when I was trying to flirt with someone. No wonder I was single. I mean, my last boyfriend was murdered inside of a rock club, but that was besides the point.

"No, Elisa!" I squealed, grabbing my small messenger bag from my closet. I threw it over my shoulder quickly, but it came back around and slapped me in the face. That was the kind of luck I had, ladies and gentleman. "I don't want to hear about how you listen to Barney's theme song while you do it! That's so weird."