03. Big Bad Wolf

The smell of cigarette smoke and sex infiltrated my nostrils, causing me to cringe inwardly

The smell of cigarette smoke and sex infiltrated my nostrils, causing me to cringe inwardly. His office smelled like a cheap bar on a Friday night, making me wish I had a can of Febreeze or some air freshners to mask the stench.

As if it couldn't get any worse, I noticed the smell of expensive cologne. You know, the stuff guys in polos and khakis wear? The kind of cologne that can make you gag and choke because it's so strong?

I couldn't tell if the cologne was coming from him or his t-shirt that was still lying on the ground. He didn't even bother putting a new shirt on so I was left staring at the soft back of a man who wouldn't dare glance at me. It's almost like I was too ugly to look at. I'd never in my life felt more insecure than I did when I was standing in front of him.

"Are you going to put a shirt on?" I asked while fidgeting with my skirt. Suddenly, it was feeling way too short, even though it ended just above my knees. He had a way of making everything feel provocative. I could've been wearing a nun outfit and I still wouldn't have felt anymore modest.

It probably had something to do with the near naked man that was standing with his back to me. He really needed to put some clothes on. There was no way I could focus with him standing there like that. If I didn't think about his bad cologne, he was just so dreamy and-

"Probably not." He finally turned around to face me with his cold blue eyes. His chiseled chest came into view while a menacing grin found its way onto his velvety lips. "I like giving people a good view."

His gaze stayed on me too long, to the point where I had to break his stare by looking down at the polished floors. The shininess of the clean cut marble couldn't compare to the vibrant intensity that was in his eyes. Not even the stars could compare to them.

"I think you broke that girl's heart." I mumbled quietly, biting down on my bottom lip. I was really terrible at making small talk and I was even worse at making jokes, which- believe it or not- was what I was trying to do here.

"I think you should stay out of my personal life." His eyes flashed with a snap of anger that weirdly subsided into devilish amusement. It made me twitch. Who could just go from being frustrated to entertained in two point five seconds? Not a normal person, that's for sure. "And she's lucky I didn't break her face, no?"

"O-okay, I'm s-s-sorry." I tucked a piece of my red hair behind my ear, cursing underneath my staggered breath. This bun wasn't holding up as good as I thought it would and neither was my mouth! I couldn't stop stuttering for the life of me.

"I'm sure you will be." Elliot let out a raspy laugh, sliding his hand around the nape of his neck to stretch out. I could see his muscles contort and shift as he moved his body back in slow motions. It was almost calming, seeing how relaxed he seemed in that moment. He seemed... content? "What's your name-fück!"

Yeah, I don't think so! My mother's a little more modest than that.

Suddenly, his hand's were tugging at his jeans vigorously. He was shaking his legs as if he was waiting for something to fall out of them. His hands searched all the deep pockets before he began unbuttoning the dark jeans immediately. I didn't even get a chance to register what was happening before his pants hit the ground.