1: Here I Thought You're A Mute

Willa Holland as Lily Hope Carter

Chapter 1: Here I Thought You're A Mute

I rolled my sweater sleeves til my elbows and gathered my books from the ground. A guy earlier bumped into me and left without uttering any apology. No need to pity me, I have been living like this since my doctor diagnose me with depression.

I am Lily Hope Carter, never had close friends because I never talked to other people except from my sister, Laura, and if there is any project going on which I need someone's help to.

Generally, people sees me as a charity case but in school, most of them don't know me at all. It is like I'm a ghost, no one cares about me. Well, that's what it looks like and that's what a passerby would most likely think.

"Lily. I won't be home for dinner" Laura's voice called. A set of footsteps neared and stopped just opposite me while I do all the picking of books.

Laura is my sister, the sexy brunette is a year older than me. She has a perfect body that girls envy and a boyfriend which the whole female population would love to trap on their web.

My eyes raised to meet hers, beside my sister is Bailey, the blonde chick that always has her side attached to my sister. They are the best friend goals that young generations talk about - from diapers to lingeries, I mean.

"I'll tell Helen" I responded, standing up on my full height of 5'4.

Laura smiled at me and nudged her friend, "Give it to her"

My brows were furrowed at the confusion but with Bailey's hand extending and a medium sized bag on her grip. I knew. Laura wants me to take her things home for her.

I took it from the blonde and kept passive, "Have fun"

"Totally" Laura giggled, "So Bailey.. Let's head to Jared's"

The two turned and sashayed towards the exit for 'Jared's place'. I wonder if she gets happy to be seen as the 'it girl' in school. 'It girls' are the worst category to be in. Rumours are always made to destroy those 'it girls' and normal girls will make it their utmost purpose to hate on you everyday and everything you do.

My sister are called by many names - the 'it girl', the queen bee, the slut, the idiot, the brat, the beauty, the sexy... And what nots. It was not a secret that Laura is not a virgin, I bet my life that she made it her medicine to take Jared once a day. However being called an idiot? Damn Laura is smart to be that queen bee but no one really cared about her good quality brains because the girls hates on her while the guys worship her.

I sighed at the thought and head to my locker before I walk home. Helen is my aunt and we are staying with her and her step son, Asher Jenkins.

Helen is a sweet loving aunt but I must admit I never really talk to her about things because I am afraid she'll judge me like the other people did.

I was thrown in a mental institution at the age of 13 but was taken out a week or two later because of mother's intention to take care of me herself. I love my mama, she is the epitome of a perfect mother - warm, beautiful, thoughtful, practical and most of all, loving. My dad was more of a businessman than a father but I know and I feel he is better than what he is showing us, he is made it possible for me and Laura to go to some high standard school and gave us a life full of ease. But that didn't last long...

My parents died a year ago because of a car accident. They are going home after a convention my dad is suppose to attend to. It was the worst night of my life... I wanted to forget but I can't and everyday is a misery because I get to see Laura, Helen and Asher's face of pity. Well, as for Laura, she gives me a hard time. She pities me but she makes my life hell at all times. You know... Like the 'Look at Lily, a poor girl without friends and no one could be because Lily is not good with people' kind of pity - a sarcastic one.