Chapter 6

*Xavi's POV:

TGIF! That's all I have to say as I walk through the doors of Benjamin Banneker High School. I can't stand this hellhole. It's full of dirty, stanky ass hoes dying for attention and niggas that try too hard to claim to something. Worse, these teachers ain't give a flying f-ck about our ass. Half of em barely pay attention to us in class or teach us properly. That's probably why we got hoes running around selling their bodies instead of getting a decent job and niggas who not knowing what's two plus two and sh*t.

As soon as I step in, I spot my boys Marcus and K'eion by our usual spot.

"So uhh, how them Knicks doing?" Marcus asked sarcastically as I walked up to them. He had that stupid smirk he always be putting on whenever he trynna pack on my favorite teams. 

"Nigga, shut the hell up!" I said laughing. "I ain't say nothing to you when the Clippers whooped them Celtics' ass last week!" Marcus and I were always debating about basketball. He was just salty how the Celtics got crushed by the Clippers. 122-67 nigga! HE's just being a hater. Whole time though, the Knicks got a better record.

"Aye, there she go," K'eion said as he pointed to something behind me. 

I turned around and instantly my eyes locked with Hope's distinctive, deep brown eyes. She looked away immediately but I continued to stare.

Damn, she looked good, as always. She had on a white t-shirt that hugged her body, showing me every inch of her delicious curves. And her shorts showed off her perfect onion bottom and them long, sexyass legs....

"Xavi!" Marcus yelled at me interrupting my thoughts on Hope. "Damn nigga, I called your name bout twenty times. What you daydreaming about?"

"Nothing," I murmured. 

"Ahhh, I see you!" I looked over at K'eion smirking at me. "You was thinking bout Hope wasn't you?"

"No!" I said.

"Aye, Hope!" Marcus yelled across the hallway. 

I immediately jumped across and clapped my hand across Marcus's mouth.

"Aye man! Shut the f-ck up!," I whispered.

Hope looked over at us with a quick look of confusion and disgust. I quickly looked away.

"Looks like Xavi has a lil thing going on for Hope," K'eion teased.

"Yeah, I saw the way you was looking at her," Marcus co-signed. "And how you jumped to save her ass at Waffle House the other day." They both stood there howling with laughter.

I started to blush and walked away. I was rounding the corner when I bumped into someone. Papers went flying everywhere and books slammed violently to the ground. I looked up and saw Hope. She looked annoyed and rolled her eyes.

"Sorry," I said nervously as I bent down to pick up her books.

She mumbled something and stooped down to pick up her book. We both reached out to pick up her World Studies book when our fingertips touched. A spark stronger than any lighting bolt set off between us. I jerked my hand away and looked up to see her suppressing a smile. 

"Thanks," she said while standing up. 

"No problem," I replied. 

"Well, umm, see you around I guess..." she turned and started walking away.

"Wait!" I grabbed her arm. "Can I umm, have your number?"

"Lemme think bout that," she said.

Of course, she would swerve me. She knew she wanted me though. I could see it in her eyes. When was she just gonna cut the bad girl act and just be nice for once?Why she always turning down niggas like it's her job or something?