Chapter 8

*Hope's POV:

I saw Xavi walking over, peace of paper in his hands. I looked closer and saw a picture of my daddy on the front. The words, "Victor Gonzales. King of the streets. Gone but not forgotten." we're printed in big, bold letters- easy to see.

My heart literally stopped in my chest and dropped down to my stomach.

From the look on Xavi's face and the paper in his hands, I knew trouble was near. One thing I knew for sure was that this nigga better not be asking me no questions.

Cause I'll go from calm to crazy in a New York minute.

"Is this your father?" he asked.

"No." Of course I wasn't going to say yes. Even if the facts were right there.

He pointed to a highlighted sentence on the page and asked again, "Is this your father?"

"Maybe," I grumbled. He probably already knew so it was making me mad that he was still asking me.

"Your father was a great man," he said. "He inspired me to become who I am today"

I don't know what the f-ck he was smiling about because he just pissed me the f-ck off. Why the hell would anyone want to be like my father?

He made a stupid decision of becoming a dope dealer and look where he ended up.

I stepped closer to his face just tempted to lay my fist in it. He's lucky the Holy Spirit got a hold of me right on time. "You must be a real dumbass if you busting up your butt just to be like my daddy," I whispered. Then I stormed off before I did something I would regret.

Why the hell was Xavi so stupid? He actually thought he could rise up to be like my father? Please. My dad was the biggest name these streets of Chicago has ever known. He was THE boss and if you tried to change that, he'd have you gone in less than a minute.

I still don't know to this day who killed my daddy. But I'm sure as hell know when I find out, I'll wreck their ass- no hesitation.

That's IF they ain't dead already.

My father had a team of loyal ass buds. I'm sure they'd hunt down any nigga that messed with my daddy, let alone killed him.

************************************

*Hope's POV:

I was walking to school bopping to "We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus.

"And we can't stop! And we won't stop!" I sang down the sidewalk bouncing with the beat. "We run things. Things don't run we! We don't take nothing from nobody!"

A white Mercedes convertible pulled up on the curb next to me. (Pic to the side)

The window rolled down and I saw DeMarco's smiling face at the wheel.

"Goodmorning beautiful," he said, his eyes sparkling like little specks of glitter were dancing in his irises.

"Hey, what you doing on this side of town?" I asked. DeMarco lived like 20 minutes away. Don't he got school or something?

"Naah, it's professional development day so I'm just running a few errands and what not. But your cuteass too fine to be walking out here in the hot sun. Lemme give you a ride."

I couldn't resist that smile he had painted on his face. I admit, it was making me weak in the knees.

I smiled getting into his car.

"So, when's the next time we gon chill? Since last time was INTERRUPTED!"

"Oops," I laughed. "Sorry, I'll make it up to you. What you want?"

"Friday. 7 o'clock. Dress nice. I'm taking you somewhere special."

"Awww okay," I smiled.

This gave me a second chance with DeMarco after our game night disaster. As much as I hate to admit, I'm starting to like this kid more and more each day.

It wasn't long before we pulled up to the school.

"Thanks," I smiled opening the door.

I looked back at him and before I knew it, I found myself leaning forward and pressing my lips onto his. I was trapped in a world of pure bliss, and I never wanted it to end.

DeMarco cut my happy moment short when he pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I asked leaning in for more.

"Girl, school boutta start. Grades first, kisses later," he gave me a naughty look telling me he wanted more than kisses.

"Mannnn, you suck," I stuck my tongue out at him then hopped out the car smiling hard as sh*t.

But what I saw a few feet ahead of me wiped the smile off my face immediately.

Brooklyn was staring dead at me.

And she didn't look too happy.

************************************

*A/N:

Sorry, it's not much but whatever. Next chapter will be intense though.

And I'm almost done with the book.... The ending though! Ooo! I can't wait to share it with y'all. But y'all will LOVE the ending! (At least I did)

But uhmm, yaaa. Like, comment..... Y'all know what to do lol

Goodnight lovies :)