Chapter Fifteen:Fear (Abe's POV)

• Dedicated to Teresa Robertson (My Mom, the hopeless romantic)

    Ryan and I walked slowly down the path. We were headed home after a training session. I had finally managed to start functioning again, so the patrols and things had began again as normal. Or as normal as it can be when your alpha has a broken heart.

    When we were about ten yards from the house I realized something was wrong. I could smell blood. Aza's blood. I froze fury and fear coursing through my veins. Was she hurt? Did someone hurt her? My wolf snarled. He was pacing in my mind, his tail tucked inbetween his legs. 'Don't let her hurt. Mate must be safe. Must protect mate.' Ryan stared, his eyes wide.

    He was tense, obviously wondering if I was going to go bezerk. "Ryan, move, shift and call a warning. Now!" The deep bass rumble of the alpha voice rung through the forest. He hesitated for only a second before phasing without even stripping. His massive wolf turned and scampered into the woods. Moments later a high keening howl reverbated through the area. 

    I raced into my home as fast as my legs would carry me. The second I barreled through the door I was hit with the scent of blood and male. I growled so deep my chest vibrated. I looked at the torn couch cushions and pillows, the stabbed floor, the blood smeared walls. My eyes focused on the bloody path to my bedroom.

    Once inside the room I saw the small photo lying on my crimson pillow. It was a picture of Aza. It was gorgeous in a grotesque way. It showed her sitting on a windowseat, her gaze fastening to the scenery outside her window. Her eyes were thoughtful and intelligent, sad and wistful, innocent and young. Vunerable. Her hair lay like a dark veil around her face, her rose petal lips in a pout.

    The bloodstains only made it more beautiful.

    My gaze found a note, with several drops of blood on it that lay next to the photo.

                                                                      Abe,

 I've got Aza. She was so vunerable after you left her, she just cried and cried and cried. It was music to my ears. I just crawled through her window and took her. She screamed , but you didn't hear. Did you really think that Jake and Hunter were the masterminds behind that plan? You are just so stupid. No, they were to get her for me, to bring her, and their payment was that they got to play with her. I don't like virgins you see, to messy.

   Now, I assume you want her back, don't you wolf boy? You have to come the clearing follow the scent of her blood, that sweet pure blood. You'll find her there. You just have to do one thing for me. You give me your money, your pack, and you never touch sweet Aza again. Not in the way you want, savage. Good luck. 

P.S. best hurry, I might have to start taking off fingers.

    I stared at it in horror and disgust. Someone took her. My Aza. 'My mate! They took her, they hurt her! Kill them! Tear their throat off! Watch the blood pour, listen to their sweet screams of agony!' It was my fault. That was all I could register. It was all my fault. I was to weak to have protected. Despite the terrible guilt, fury was quickly building.

    I have to get her back.

    I could feel the wolf, clawing at my mind, trying to take me over. He snarled and howled, wanting bloodshed. I fought him, but I could feel my resolve weakening. Maybe he would protect her better. He had no guilt, only rage. But I was scared. What if I killed an innocent, or hurt Aza? I felt fear, an awful all consuming terror, that threatened to take over my mind. So I let it go. I had to. The wolf howled in victory.

    Blood. Blood path. Find mate's sweet blood. Virgin blood. He purred. Though she was hurt, it pleased him to know she was all his. No other had touched her, only he would get that honor. He tossed his head back and roared. Instantly his whole pack came forth. There were twelve members. They watched him with rapt attention. Their eyes gleamed yellow and red. They weren't human. All wolf now.

    He motioned for Ryan to step forward. He took right flank (beta) and Connor took left flank. The others moved into their positions. Omega was last, juniors second to last, hunters in the middle. Classic hunting formation. They were in a v. He shook his huge head in the direction of the blood path. He snarled and started forward.

    The others followed immediately. They were blurs as they moved, their fur blending with the  darkness and trees. He seperated from the rest, running a slight distance ahead. His pack members' cries of distress when they got caught were lost to him. There was only Aza and someone to kill.

    He appeared in the clearing and his gaze flashed directly to Aza. He saw her injured flesh, the cuts and bruises. The split lip and pained winces. He opened jaws filled with sharp teeth and lunged. Hate shot through him. He wasn't attacking to fight. He was attacking to kill. He was this close to catching the person who did this.

    And he was swept up into the air by powerful metal chains. He snarled desperately. Let me go, he yelled mentally. He struggled violently. "Abe, don't struggle, I don't want you to actually get hurt." His mate said. Her words tugged at the human side of his mind. The wolf didn't register her words. The man did. What did she say? 'Kill' She played me like a fiddle!'Bite, tear' Aza!

    He glared at her. She tricked him. He growled. "Phase back, Abe, we have questions." a strange girl said. He sighed. He couldn't. He'd be naked as the day he was born. He shook his head, his eyes trained on Aza. You should know this, he thought frustratedly. The girl raised her eyebrows. He rolled his big black eyes. You asked for it.

    He shifted. Aza's eyes widened and she flipped around quickly so she was facing the river. "Nice equipment, but I think I am just going to toss a blanket on your cute ass." I stared. You're kidding me. But, sure enough, the girl took a quilt and tossed it across my waist. "We have a few questions, pretty boy. Answer them, and Aza will forgive you. Hell, the girl loves you, she'll probably date you if you answer truthfully." I nodded. Dating Aza, huh? I glanced her way. She was blushing. Yep, I am answering.

    "Number one, why did you lie?" girl asked.

    "I thought she would hate me if she knew. Not many girls could handle news like that."

    "Why did you let her tell you that private information?"

    "I wanted to know her, I didn't understand how much it meant to her."

    "Why did you protect her?"

    "It's my job."

    "I can tell you just lied."

    "I...care. A lot."

    "How much?"

    "I love her."

    "Good. Is she your mate?"

    I gaped at her. "Yes."

    "You promise to tell her everything, never ever lie, and be good to her forever?"

    "Definitely."

    "Then I am fine with you. You may now kiss the chick." She shoved Aza down and against my lips. I reveled in the kiss, but I also was getting light headed. Not because of what you think though. The blood was going to my head. The one on my shoulders. "Aza, let's let him go."

    "Okay." They untied me, my pack, and washed the blood off themselves.

    "You don't need to repay me for the repairs you know." I said calmly. Aza glowered at me.

    "You don't think we can?" She said angrily. I grinned.

    "Just kiss me some more and it'll make up for it." She smiled and pecked me on the lips.

    "Are you okay?" She asked.

    "Perfect." I whispered against her mouth.

This ain't the end guys. Lots more trouble to go. The bold and italic-asdsfs-was abe and the wolf put together. Whenever he has an alpha order that's what it is written as.