Chapter 22

Chapter 22

~ Louis' POV ~ 

I sat in my bed confused. Who the hell was Nick? What on Earth was he doing with my Haz? And what did Stan mean by "much much worse"?

"Mr Tomlinson? You know the girl you came in with a couple of days ago?" I heard a doctor ask. I looked up and nodded in reply to his answer.

"Yeah. Eleanor." I said.

"Well she's finally awake. We were able to pump enough smoke out of her lungs and pump enough oxygen into her to revive her. However her burns were a lot more severe than yours so she's going to have to stay in ICU for a bit longer. We've contacted her mum and she will be here soon." he said. Mum. Eleanor's mum. My other mother. She was coming to visit. Oh s***.

"Umm... ok. Thank you." I replied.

~ Eleanor's POV ~ 

So apparently I had been in a coma for a bit after a fire. I remember it clearly. Some guy came to my house. When I opened the door, he grabbed me and dragged me to the backyard. There he tore off my clothes, leaving me in my underwear. I tried squirming out of his grip but he refused to give. He had dragged me screaming to the porch on my backyard, and tied me to one of the poles holding up the shelter over the porch. I kept screaming for someone to help but no one could hear. He set fire to my backyard and then left me to die.

Now I'm here. What happened?

I heard a gasp coming from the door, causing me to turn to look at the door.

"Oh my gosh Eleanor Jane Calder! Are you ok?!" the familiar high-pitched voice of my mum echoed, coming from the door.

"What does it look like?" I attempted to say but began coughing half-way through the sentence. My mum came running over to me as soon as I began coughing my lungs up and rubbed gentle circles on my back while I coughed.

"Are you ok?" she asked. I nodded, working out it was probably wiser to not speak too much.

"How did you get here? What happened?" she asked anxiously. I gestured to ask for a piece of paper and a pen to write with and wrote down my answer.

Some guy came to our door. They knocked on the door and when I answered, then pulled me out and dragged me to the backyard. They then stropped me of my clothes and tied me to a pole. They then burnt our backyard with me tied there. I explained on the paper.

The shock on her face was obvious. I don't know how she didn't notice the backyard when she was home but obviously she hadn't.

Didn't you see the backyard? I wrote on the paper.

"I did. But I didn't know what had happened. The hospital called me the day you were admitted but told me to stay at home since it would be a while until you recovered enough to wake up. They then called me this morning to tell me that you were awake. And so now I'm here." she said.

I nodded in understanding before she continued saying something.

"How did you get here?" she asked. "Because you were unconscious. So who saved you." I shrugged my shoulders to say I didn't know.

Ask the doctor. I wrote down.

"Excuse me, doctor?" She called out to a passing doctor.

"Yes, ma'am?" he said.

"Do you know who saved me daughter?" she asked.

"Well she was brought in with a young boy called Louis Tomlinson." He said.