Too close for comfort

Authors note:
Happy new year everyone!!!
I hope you all had a good Christmas,
And I hope you enjoy this next part!

Things haven't been too bad lately. This year is off to a pretty good start.
Ben has made up with his dad and visits often.
I haven't thrown up or felt neasueas in nearly a month.
It's now February and I'm getting closer everyday to remission. The Cancer in my lungs has completely gone, and the Chemo is also being very successful in reducing the cancer in my blood.
Dr Kartor says I'm over half the way there. He said that it's not going to take as long as he oringinally thought.

Me and ben are going on a date today to celebrate how well things are going.
My mums going to drop me off at his apartment soon.
"You ready darcy?"
"Yep, I'm just coming!"

I arrive at Ben's house but it's not ben who greets me at the door.
"Why hello there!" Joe says to try and seduce me.
"Um... Hi?"
"What, don't be afraid, I just think your cute. Is there anything wrong with that?"
He leans in and looks as if he's trying to kiss me, I back away quickly and jump outside of the apartment. He sighs, and rolls his eyes.
"ben, your hot girlfriends here" he shouts. I've never liked his roommate, he's always hitting on me. Maybe I shouldn't have worn my wig, then he wouldn't be attracted to me.
Ben comes running down the stairs.
"Joe would you just shut up already"
"Alright mate, just calm down."
"Let's go darcy, we don't need this"
He grabs my hand and we walk out the door.
"Everything alright?" I ask.
"Yeah, just getting a bit fed up with joe. He can be such a-"
"Woah, okay, calm down there ben. He's your best mate right?"
"Yeah, used to be. I'm just fed up with him hitting on you, why do you have to be so attractive?" He says in an angry but polite kind of way.
"I wouldn't be if I just took off my wig."
"Your beautiful no matter what darcy, you know that. But yes, the blonde wig does make you look pretty hot."
"Ben!"
"What?"
"Nothing... So where are we going?"
"Just somewhere I know you'll like. "

We arrive at the pier, I've always loved the ocean and the beach. I love going in the arcades even if I know I won't win anything.
"Oh ben, this is great, I haven't been out like this in so long."
"I know that's why I decided to take you somewhere I know you'll love, rather than some fancy reasturant again, as that didn't really work out last time."
We walk into the arcade and immediately head to the 2p machines. It's wierd how much satisfaction you can get out of literally watching your money being thrown away.

I spend so long on them until I eventually have no 2p's left. Ben has left me by now, probably got bored, it doesn't surprise me.
I walk over to the large TV screens where people can sit on motorbikes and pretend they're in a race or something. I am shocked to find my almost seventeen your old boyfriend on one of them.
"Ben? Er... What are you doing?" I say and then start laughing.
"Oh ... Er... I'm just-"
"It's alright ben. Sometimes it's good to let out your inner child. I certainly need to."
"Er... Yeah, this isn't embarrasing at all!"
"Oh no, not at all " I say sarcastically." But ben... Don't you already have a motorbike?"
"Yeah."
"So why do you need to pretend your on one?"
"Because you can't go this fast on a motorbike on the normal roads. I would love to try and go this fast one day."
"Ben, please don't, you'll end up getting hurt. Motorbikes are so dangerous."
"I know I know. But I'll be fine, don't worry about me."
He grabs my waist and pulls me in for a kiss. I politely accept, but it ends with ben losing the race.
"Oh dam, lost the race. If it was in real life though, I'm sure I would win."
"Yeah well... Don't go getting yourself into any trouble."
"Yes mother."

After a while we eventually leave the arcade and we head outside to buy some fish and chips.
Ben won me a cuddly toy from one of the machines. It's a cute, brown teddy bear, and I carry it out around with me, I don't care what people think. I'm letting out my inner child.

We sit on the beach with our fish and chips. We're literally the only people who are crazy enough to be sitting on a beach on a cold, wet day.
I watch the waves crash against the shore and stare at the horizon in the distance.
"So how have you and your dad been getting along?" I ask.
"I've been visiting a lot, I enjoy seeing Natalie more to be honest. To gain a sister after I've lost two, is like... It just feels amazing. I hold her in my arms like I used to do to feye, and I feel like I've got my sister back. I'm not going to let anything happen to her. I can't loose another."
"I'm so glad I managed to get you back in touch with your family. I mean... It's a shame though... Like all this time, Sadie was your sister and you didn't even know. One of my first days in the hospital, Sadie was my roommate. I was inspired by how positive she always was. I knew she didn't have that much longer left, but if only I could have introduced you two earlier."
"It's alright darcy, you didn't know, no one did. It's my stupid mothers fault. She's had 3 kids. Two of them are dead, and she probably doesn't even know. The other one doesn't even care about her. What a life she has built for herself!"
"She doesn't deserve anything else. She is the one who has created this mess. She doesn't deserve to have a son as wonderful as you are. "
"Thanks darcy. But do you think I'll ever meet her one day."
"You might... but to be honest, if you don't, it's not exactly like your losing anything. You barely even know her."
"I guess."

We finish off with a cornetto icecream, then we head back in a taxi to go home.

--

We are dropped off at bens house and we go inside for a bit.
"Just sit in here, I'll get us a drink." He says then goes into the kitchen.
I sit on his large double bed, admiring the walls. Until Joe comes in.
"So... We meet again."
"Joe, just leave us alone will you, I'm sure you have a girlfriend of your own to be pestering." I confidently say.
"I do, but it doesn't mean I can't hit on other girls."
"It kind of does actually."
"Oh well... You didn't write the rule book. There's no rules when it comes to love."
He starts edging towards me, I back away in fear. But it's not enough. He jumps on top of me and forces my lips on to his. I grab his shoulders and try and push him away, but he's too strong.
Luckily, ben starts walking towards his room and Joe quickly jumps up and walks out. "We'll have to do that again sometime." He says as he walks out.
I sit there, too distraught I say anything.

Joe just kissed me!

Do i tell ben?

"Here's you drink darcy, everything alright?" He innocently asks, completely unaware of the events that  just occurred.
"Yep... Er... Everything's just fine."