Bittersweet:Three

THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN AND HEAVILY EDITED. NAMES, PLACES, AND SOME SCENES WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. SOME STUFF WILL BE TAKEN OUT AND SOME WILL BE ADDED.

THE INITIAL PLOT STAYS THE SAME.

So, if you begin reading as of 5/21/2021 and choose to read ahead further than I have updated-some things might be confusing or might not make sense. As of right now and will continue, slowly, adding the new chapters as I write them. CHAPTER THREE has been rewritten & updated.

**IF A CHAPTER HAS BEEN REWRITTEN/EDITED THE ^^ABOVE^^ NOTE WILL BE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER.

Chapter Three

Austin Burkhalter

It was official, I was in hell. Or at least, it felt that way. The alcohol I'd consumed the night before was freely purging from my pores and dissolving into the crisp white fabric of my button-up. The first mile wasn't too bad, but after I hit the second mile I was beginning to feel nauseated from the heat. I looked straight ahead towards the deserted, ghostly highway and slowed down significantly.

Maybe it wouldn't have been as bad as it felt if I hadn't been vastly hungover. Hungover or not, I knew that this was going to be a long damn summer. I was starting to wonder if I'd even be able to live through it. I'd had plenty of time to think about my perfect life in the city.

What would my friends say about my absence? And Delia? There wasn't a doubt in my mind that she'd be there when I got back. She didn't matter all that much, all she'd ever been to me was a warm place to put my dick. She would find someone to capture her attention in my absence, no doubt. However, the idea that I'd inevitably be missing out on everything made my stomach sink. I'd had a summer trip to St. Lucia planned with some of my college buddies that obviously wasn't in the cards for me any longer. They'd be pissed that I ditched them, but it wouldn't keep them from going and having the time of their lives.

I glanced down to my watching, looking at the time. It was getting late, and I briefly wondered if I would be reprimanded for the way I acted towards the dingy guy that tried to pick me up. Either way, I still didn't feel bad about sending him right back the way he had come.

Loud lyrics of Highway to Hell by ACDC pulled me from my thoughts. How ironic? When I looked back, I noticed a car speeding up from behind me. I didn't think much of it, especially when it passed me at a high speed. Probably some fucking redneck. I continued walking, keeping my eyes on the car as a focal point until it came to a screeching stop and slammed into reverse until it slowed beside me.