01| The calm before the storm✔️

***
Sisters are special,
From young to old.
God gave me a sister,
More precious than gold.

***

Three Years Ago

The first rays of the sun streamed through the curtains, giving our room the coziest feel to it. The window panes were open and I could hear the gentle twittering of the birds in my sleepy state. Blinking my eyes, I turned over to my side so that I could face my sister whose elephantine snores were likely to rouse the whole pack house.

"Wake up, lazy bones!" I chimed in a singsong voice, leaning close to her ear. "The sun is up! It's a lovely morning!"

But that had no effect on her. "What do you want me to do? Photosynthesise?" She mumbled in her sleep, drooling even more. "Go piss off Aden."

"I'm going to say this just once. If you don't wake up now, we'll be late for school."

"You said it. Now go get lost."

I frowned. "Aren't you supposed to be genetically programmed to love me? I'm your twin but you're always so rude."

"Mutation." She muttered groggily, "Seriously Ki, why don't you pester someone else for a change?"

"Maybe because tormenting you is my hobby." I retorted, glaring at her sleeping form.

"More like your obsession." She corrected, her voice still thick with sleep. "You need to be hospitalized for that."

"I hate you." I grumbled, unable to come up with anything smartass. "I really really hate you."

"The feeling's mutual, DinoBoo. Now shoo."

I sighed and looked at the ceiling in exasperation.

Then slowly, a devious grin crept on to my face and I tiptoed into the bathroom as silently as I could.

I knew the exact way to put a stop to this, and give me feeling of victory. Though I doubt it would be mutual. But does it look like I care?

Of course not.

Precisely two minutes and six seconds later, the members of the Dark Wolf Pack heard a crash that had them springing out of their beds in horror and concern.

No doubt, I was bound to receive a sound telling off for the stunt I just pulled, but I had plenty of time to fret over that later. The look on my victim's face made every form of punishment worth it.

Wet. Pissed off. And annoyed as hell.

Oh, this is gold.

"Kiara, I am so going kill you now!" Ariana, my twin, screeched as ran after me soaking wet with a broom in her hand.

It was nearly school time and I had used the surest way of waking her up - drenching her with a bucket of cold water. Needless to say she had woken up with a string of profanities flowing from her mouth.

I laughed loudly while I ran to take shelter behind Mom.

"You can't catch me ever, PandaBoo!" I cackled hiding behind our mother. I knew calling her that would only irritate her further.

"I swear I won't spare you for this. Wait till I get my hands on you, DinoBoo!" she yelled back waving the broom at me.

"As if you could ever catch me!" I shot back.

"I wouldn't be so confident if I were you!"

I opened my mouth to retort when Mom chose the moment to cut us off.