40. One Week Later...

Questions Remain in Destruction of Hyperconverter

From the Associated Press:

Issued just one week after the destruction of the Vaig Hyperconverter, the official Agency report released on Wednesday is bringing up more questions than it answers.

At issue is whether the explosive arrow that was fired by the superhero known as Sureshot would have been able to cause the level of damage that the multi-billion dollar device sustained.

Now, an engineer who was involved in the creation of the device has issued a statement which challenges the official account.

In an interview with ABC News on Thursday, Dr. Richard Patel said, "With the amount of radiation that was released (from the Hyperconverter), anything that came within ten feet would've been disintegrated in a matter of seconds." Patel went on to say that he had no knowledge of any malicious intent on the part of Vaig Communications founder and CEO, Alton Vaig.

Agency officials have gone on record, saying that the arrow's effectiveness just illustrates the strange, random nature of malphysics overall.

Asked about reports of the "Green Man", a mysterious figure which several witnesses claim to have seen jumping into the Hyperconverter's energy conductor, Patel added, "It's no less likely than a guy destroying seven billion dollars worth of high tech equipment with a medieval lance. I don't care how much cyber-armor he was wearing."