=Chapter Seven=

(Skylar’s POV)

Everything is ordinary, even in life. When a phenomenon occurs, it’s normal. It has its own reasoning and explanation. When you consider something new, that is only what you think. Every emotion is just the cause of hormones in the brain.

Love, is it exciting? Exhilarating? If so, it is futile. Cordelia and Daniel seemed to found it, so does Cedric and Tara. At our fifteen years of age, people would think this as infatuation, just to show off. Am I zealous? No, never.

People reflect on us having a tragic life. Cordelia had accidentally shot a senator and his wife with a gun, Daniel and his clan had been considered as impure. Cedric had been a sex slave, and Taraluna had been a strip teaser. Me? I must keep that to myself. It is not worth sharing. They even addressed us names: Cordelia as the False Light, Daniel as The Stained, Cedric the Lost Moth, Taraluna as the Snake and me, Skylar as The Revenant. As to my fiancée, I would assume that she will be dubbed as the Misplaced. I sense that is why they call us the Cataclysmic Nobles, except for Jacqueline.

Maybe if she would join, it would change the people’s paradigm on us.

No, Love is not useless. I could use it on my fiancée’s affection towards me. Nevertheless I should start gaining it as soon as possible, or better yet, progressively. Once I got her falling, people will refer to us as a perfect pair. That would be the time the Cataclysmic Nobles’ name will change.

But what if love lured me?

Impossible. I will never let myself be tangled with that bitter tenderness again. Never. Once it did, I always have a dagger of resistance.

(Jacky’s POV)

My brother was waiting, or just standing, infront of my bedroom door. He was wearing those black-collared polo shirts again. In fact, he owned five collared polo shirts; three were checkered (which he seldom wears) and the rest were dyed with dark colors. He likes those kinds of shades, I don’t. I like tranquil types of colors which do not have dark shades. The only color I like which is dark is black. It was always dark, parenthetically.

“Hey,” I greeted. He looked up. His long smoothened hair was supported away from his face by a sky blue headband my mother gave since he started having acne. She said that it helps preventing zits. Well, it was effective. Mom gave me one, too. It was dark-green. I like it.

As his head shot up my hand was already giving him a high-five. He caught it with a heavy clap.

“Yow!” I squirmed. He smirked.

We got in and saw Levi experimenting on one of my oversize sweat shirt I stole from Dad. She was posing at my immense mirror, catching only a glimpse of her torso. If I was in a bad mood I could have given her a shout and kicked her outside for messing up my closet. She did mess my closet. My blouses and jeans were scattered on my bed and floor. She turned to us as I sighed and picked my clothes.

“What do you think?” She asked and took one of my belts.