19. Walking Away

A/N: Long chapter! I hope you like it, it made me quite weepy actually, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of this chapter...! Great song at the side too :)

‘Something’s wrong,’ Blake says, looking across my room at me as I slip on a high-low dress, that I made for a piece of coursework, over my strapless bra and go over to her to so she can do the back zip up for me. It’s a soft orange pattern and I’m wearing a  pair of bright blue wedges to contrast the colours, in addition to some chunky silver jewellery. The weather has been sunny all day, so looks like it is going to remain long into the evening. 

‘Nothing’s wrong,’ I respond as nonchalantly as possible, shrugging my shoulders. ‘Nothing’s wrong at all.’

As she does the dress up, she comments seriously, ‘Imo, you’ve locked yourself either in here or the library all day yesterday and today and you didn’t tell me what went on with Ozzy either. Something is up.’

I bite my bottom lip as I go back over to my desk to finish applying my makeup. I promised myself I wouldn’t say anything. I promised myself I would keep this to myself for now, and between just me and Ozzy, but the way Blake is looking at me through the mirror hits straight to my core and I know I have to tell her something.

‘I can’t tell you anything now,’ I respond diplomatically, reaching for the highlighter and then begin applying it to the tops of my cheeks.  

‘If I guess, will you tell me?’

‘No.’

I put some liquid eye liner on, before deeming myself ready and looking at myself in the full length mirror. Sure, I look pretty tonight, my makeup looks good, my dress looks amazing, my hair is bouncy and curled, but it shines through on my face I’m not content. 

‘Are you breaking up with him?’ She asks quietly, walking over to me and resting her hand on my shoulder.

I bite down on my bottom lip harder, not answering her question, but saying instead, ‘I’m going to have a good night with Ozzy. We are going to enjoy ourselves and that is that.’

‘Imo, are you just delaying the inevitable?’

I stand up and shrug her hand off of my shoulder and warn, ‘Don’t, Blake. Just don’t.’

She sighs and grabs her bag, but just before she walks out, ‘I really can’t believe you’re about to do this. Please think very carefully about what you’re doing.’

‘I can’t stop thinking, Blake!’ I cry back to her in frustration. ‘It’s all I’m thinking about!’

‘Good, and don’t stop thinking. I’ll see you there.’

She goes out of my room and walks off, leaving me alone to wait for Ozzy. I know Blake has gone to meet her date at the edge of town, which surprised me as I thought she’d end up going with Sam, but apparently not.

As I pack the last few pieces into my bag, the door opens and I turn to see Ozzy standing there, dressed smartly in fitted black trousers, a white shirt and black suit jacket, with a bow tie. His hair is extra tousled and he looks effortlessly sexy and handsome tonight. His shoes are polished, he smells of a delicious cologne and he is cleanly shaven, adding to his beauty. The effort isn’t lost on me. He’s got a small box in his hand and he gives me a nervous smile. We’ve not seen one another since yesterday and barely exchanged texts apart from organising meeting for tonight. We both knew we needed time and space from one another. I don’t think he’s realised how much thinking I’ve been doing. 

‘Wow, you look beautiful, baby.’ 

He walks across the room and leans down to give me a light kiss on my lips; his hand gently touching my back as he does.