22. Crossing Fingers

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Also, great song on the side andddd new picture of Ozzy ;) .. xx

I gave myself a few days to think about what I wanted to happen between me and Leon, deciding if we could just be friends or if we could breach into flirting and maybe kissing, with no strings attached. What I am sure of is that I am not ready to embark on a fully fledged relationship, even if Leon is hoping for that. I had to call Daisy yesterday to resolve our dispute and tension over what she’s called the ‘Love Triangle’ and reasoned to not talk about it and to just focus on your friendship rather than my friendships and/or relationships with Leon and Ozzy. 

Aside from that, I’m travelling back down to uni today to take a few pieces into my new house. I’ve still not spoken to Ozzy and there hasn’t been much activity on his Facebook from my obsessive last night stalking. It’s quite hard to completely cut yourself off from a person who became my comfort and solace for three months I can remember; it’s difficult to say the least. 

The rest of my housemates have already moved into our house, with Blake explaining to me that she’ll meet be there to help me move some stuff in. What I really need to do is to relearn how to drive. I have my licence, but I haven’t attempted it since the accident, so for now I’ve had to bring three big bags with me on the train, which has tested my measly muscles. 

As I pull in, I spot Blake sitting on the bench with Sam, them both talking and sharing a bag of crisps. I hop off the train and walk towards them, feeling a little overwhelmed as it’s been quite a long time since I’ve seen them. Sam looks gorgeously tanned from his holiday he went on with Ozzy and Max. 

‘Hey pretty lady, how are you?’ Sam asks, wrapping his arms around my waist. He presses a kiss to my cheek and rubs my back gently.  

‘Good, you?’

He nods and takes my bags for me as I hug Blake tightly. ‘Missed you,’ she coos, nuzzling into my neck. ‘Lets not fight again, yeah?’

‘Agreed and I’ve missed you too.’

We walk back towards the house which I’ve yet to have seen and am mildly surprised by how big it is. It’s a few minutes walk away from uni and set off a street off of the main road. The houses are semi detached and we have a small front garden with some raspberry bushes lining the path. Blake opens the bright red front door and leads me through. 

‘Is Ozzy here?’ I ask quietly before we enter.

She shakes her head. ‘No. It’s just Sam and me right now.’

‘How’s that going?’ I ask, and Blake shakes her head slightly, a smile on her lips, noticing Sam isn’t listening. Sam goes into the kitchen to put the kettle on for us as we continue our conversation. 

‘We’re friends,’ she affirms. 

‘And have you ‘friends’ slept together since moving into the house?’

She blushes and explains, ‘We may have christened our rooms, but that’s it. We really, really are just into having sex. I’m not going to have a relationship with him. The boy is not nearly grown up enough for a relationship.’

‘What happened with your Summer Ball date?’ 

She shrugs half heartedly and nods for us to head up the stairs.

‘He was nice, but there wasn’t a great connection. Anyway, now your room.’ 

I follow up the stairs behind her, noticing she’s got a new tattoo on her ankle of some stars that weren’t there a few weeks ago. They suit her, unlike my one which directly links me to Ozzy. I peek into Ozzy’s room and see it’s basically his old room put into this new room. With a double bed instead of a single, his room is cosy with every corner filled with something or another. I can’t help myself but walk in and sit down on his bed and sigh. Blake follows me in and says nothing.