Chapter Two - "You'll thank me later."

"Kaitlyn. Erika. Richards," Jordan started, taking a short pause between each word. "You. Are. Such. An. Idiot."

She punched me in the arm.

"Ouch..." I said, grabbing my arm. "Was that really necessary?" I glared at her.

"Since you're deserving of worse, I'd say so, you retard." She shouted, punching me even harder this time.

"Is the name calling really needed? Seriously?" I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "I think I already get your point... I'm stupid. It's not like I didn't come to that sudden realization 45 minutes ago."

"Fine." She crossed her arms, in protest. "I'll be right back." She ran out of the bathroom with a devious look plastered on her face.

Please, don't be doing what I think you're doing, I thought to myself. 

After around thirty seconds the door flew open and in she came. "You're coming with me." She said, dragging me out with her.

And, of course you are, I thought to myself, closing my eyes tightly as I reluctantly followed closely behind her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please don't do this, Jordan..." I begged.

"Shut up, it's your turn." She laughed, pushing me forward.

"Uh, hi, Riley." I said, awkwardly, looking at the ground. I couldn't even attempt to resist the temptation to bite my lip at this moment; I was feeling more nervous than I had felt in a while. I could taste blood in my mouth after biting my lip a little too hard. "I'm sorry about before... I... uh... I-I didn't realize that you were... uh... Sorry." I stammered.

"Kaitlyn, it's fine." He smiled. "You don't have to apologize-"

"Believe me, I know that I don't have to; I just want to." I said emphasizing the words have and want as I cut him off mid-sentence. I wound up biting my lip even harder as my nerves continued to gradually worsen, I could feel a tiny piece of it  in my mouth. 

It took several minutes to finally calm myself down, but I finally did as the two of us emerged into a short conversation. As we talked, I found a peaceful feeling overcoming me, while I couldn't help but get lost in his eyes. 

"Hi, I'm Jordan!" She smiled widely, pushing me aside after a minute.

At her words, I found myself coming back to reality. 

Awkwardly, I walked away and simply sat at a table in the back of the venue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jordan, you are such a jerk." I said, punching her in the arm, as I ran ahead of her.

"Why, because I'm faster than you, or?" She shouted, running past me.

"Oh, shut up. You know exactly what I'm talking about!"

"Not exact- Oh my gosh." she said coming to a sudden stop.

"What?" 

"Look who's across the street." She pointed.

Sure enough, I spotted Riley standing directly across the street from us. I hoped he wouldn't notice, or at least recognize, us, because I was still feeling awfully embarrassed.

"Hey, Riley!" Jordan shouted, causing him to suddenly turn to face us, a smile coming to his face as he proceeded to walk over toward us.

"Jordan, I'm going to kill you." I glared at her.

"You'll thank me later." She winked at me.

"Hey, guys." Riley said, standing before us.

"Hi." I said, awkwardly.

"I'm just gonna leave you two love birds alone, for now." She said winking at me, before running off.

"Please excuse her obnoxiousness, I don't know if she can actually help it... I'm serious." 

He smiled. "It's fine. Are you going to spill your drink on me, or?"

 "You're really not going to let me live that one down, are you?" I said, biting my lip.

"Not quite." He said, flashing me a big toothy grin. "What fun would it be otherwise?"

"You do have a valid point... If I were you, I'd probably do the same thing." I said, returning his smile.

Mindlessly, the two of us continued down the street together, as we both grew increasingly lost in the conversation. 

"So... Did you change your mind about that stupid boyband?" He questioned, coming to a stop.

"Did I? Well, they definitely were not the worst band I've seen in concert, I'll give you that."

"Well, that's at least a slight improvement."

"Is it?" I raised an eyebrow. I turned my head for a short second, noticing I was standing directly in front of my house. Standing in the driveway was my impatient aunt. Her arms crossed in annoyance, as I came into her view. "Shoot, I really need to get going... I was supposed to be babysitting my cousin and I completely forgot. From the look on my aunt's face, she's really not happy." 

"Wait, your aunt is the one who just moved in here? As in, right next door to my house?" He questioned, pointing.

"Well, technically I did, as well... But, who cares about the technicalities?" I shrugged with an awkward smile on my face. 

"Kaitlyn Erika Richards, you were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago! Where on earth have you been?" My aunt shouted.

I waved goodbye, as my aunt pulled me away by the collar of my shirt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a seat the middle of the couch, trying to figure how to explain my reason for being late without getting her even angrier with me, because that was the last thing that I really needed to do. 

I let out a deep sigh, as I began to speak. "I'm sorry... I kind of lost track of time. But..." My voice wandered, as my aunt shook her head in disapproval. "What?" I questioned her.

She merely shook her head, once again. 

"I'm serious. What?" 

She walked out the door without saying a word.