Back In Time

"Have you seen his abs?" Tiffany asks as we walk down the hallway.

"Seen who's abs?" I question as we continue to walk down the hallway.

"You really are out of the loop!" Tiffany says with a laugh.

"Hey!" I defend. "Just because grades matter to me doesn't mean I'm 'out of the loop'."

"You're a very attractive girl, Kensi. Any guy would die to call you his girlfriend. Trust me. They've asked me if you were single."

I shoot Tiffany the evil eye.

"Who ever said you could share my personal life with-with the football team? Me being single is none of their business...and quite frankly yours anymore!" I say as I open my locker.

"Look, Kensi. All I'm saying is that you should get out more! Have fun! And who knows...maybe there we'll be on a double date in the future!" She winks.

I fake laugh.

"Like I'm ever gonna be asked out anytime soon."  I say shutting my locker.

Without looking at where I was going I run into a guy, at least six feet tall.

"I'm really sorry! I should really watch where I'm going." I say with embarrassment.

"This was my fault, I've learned not to walk near someone who's closing their locker. It either ends up with me hitting my head...or this." He says with a laugh as he hands me loose papers.

I grab the papers and tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm Marty." The boy says as he offers me a hand.

"Kensi." I say with a smile as I take his hand.

"Maybe I'll see you around?" He asked.

I nod my head.

"Absolutely." I say with a huge smile.

Marty walks away and Tiffany nudges my shoulder.

"And whoever said I couldn't predict the future?" She squeals.

I nudge her back and blush.

"I'll give you that one, Tiffany. I'll give you that one."

I close the photo album and put it back on the bookshelf beside the TV.

Liam is sitting at the table colouring trucks from Bob the Builder, while Iris is happy playing in her baby bouncer.

I get up off the couch to grab a glass of water when the phone rings.

"Kensi speaking." I say as I grab a glass from the cupboard.

"GUESS WHAT!" Nell squeals on the top of her lungs forcing me to remove the phone from my ear. "IM GOING TO GREECE!"

"That's amazing, Nell!! When are you leaving?" I say as I fill my glass up with water and take a sip.

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning!" She says lowering her voice.

I almost spit out my water.

"You're leaving...tomorrow? When did you find out you were going?" I say before taking another sip.

"Just now. Eric literally just came in the door with two tickets to Greece. Athens to be exact."

"That's so exciting!! I'm really happy for you!" I say as I sit down on the couch and watch Iris bounce about in her bouncer.

"I'm so excited. I don't even know what to pack. What shoes am I gonna bring? What hats should I bring! AHH better yet what bathing suit??" She questions.

I let out a laugh.

"Well, bring shoes that you're able to walk long distances in. Wear a bathing suit that gives you the most protection from the sun, and bring all your hats. They're all really cute."

Nell laughs on the other end of the phone.

"You're the best Kens. I don't know what I'd do without you!! I'll call you from the airport!"

"I'll talk to you later, Nell. Say hi to Eric for me."

"Bye bye!" She says before quickly hanging up.

I put the phone down on the coffee table and pick Iris up from off her bouncer.

"Why don't we go on a walk?" I ask Liam who's still busy colouring.

"Yah!!" Liam says as he runs toward the door to put on his shoes.

I grab Iris' stroller and coat and I help Liam put on his sweater and tie his shoes.

We leave through the front door and we begin to stroll down the beach. I push the stroller with one hand and the other holds Liam's.

As we walk down the beach, we pass many surfers trying to catch the perfect wave.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Liam yells as he points to a man riding a wave.

"Daddy does love surfing!" I say with a laugh.

Liam's never actually seen Deeks or I surf, he's only seen pictures I've shown him from our photo album.

I grab his hand and we continue to walk down the trail when Liam runs ahead and sits on a park bench.

"Me want a break." Liam says as he swings his legs.

"We can take a break." I say as I sit beside him. Iris is sound asleep.

The smell of salt and the sound of the waves crashing against the beach send my mind to familiar feeling of comfort.

"Can we leave now?" Liam says as he shoots up off the bench and begins to walk again.

I laugh. "We can go home now."

We walk back up our driveway and I'm unlocking the door when Liam runs away from me.

"Liam where are you-"

I drop my keys and my mouth drops to the floor.

"What are you doing here?!" I ask in shock.