Body One: Joseph Keller

CASE: HOTCHNER, DARCY - vanished suspect in the murder case of Joseph Keller

INTERVIEWED: GRANT SHEFFERSON

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[ 10/6/2014, 3:10 P.M. ]

OFFICER WOLFF: Are you feeling okay, Grant?

GRANT: Yes, sir.

OFFICER WOLFF: I will be asking you some questions and it is very important that you try to recall everything you know from two years ago.

GRANT: That's not hard.

OFFICER WOLFF: Okay. When was the last time you saw Mr. Joseph Keller?

GRANT: At graduation two years ago. We had a graduation ball in July and we weren't close so the contact was naturally cut off after that.

OFFICER WOLFF: What about social media?

GRANT: Joe never really posted anything on Facebook so I never actually noticed that he had disappeared. I didn't notice anything strange based on that.

OFFICER WOLFF: This is a picture of you, your friends, Joseph Keller and Darcy Hotchner three nights before she disappeared. Do you remember that night?

GRANT: Yes. I didn't realize Joe was there, though.

OFFICER WOLFF: I know you have answered these questions many times before but I need to ask again. What happened that night?

GRANT: [inaudible] We went out to have a few drinks because some of us had gotten accepted to college. I hung out with Darcy most of the time and she never left my side, either. We had a few drinks at the bar and sat there for a while. Then we danced. A lot. Darcy got really drunk, she could barely walk by the end of the night. She doesn't usually get drunk like that but this time it was an exception.

OFFICER WOLFF: Did anything bad happen to her that she felt the need to drink as much?

GRANT: No, no. She just wanted to have fun. She never mentioned any incidents, she seemed just fine.

OFFICER WOLFF: Was she close with Mr. Keller?

GRANT: Not at all. They used to be in the same classes but she never really talked to him. She had her own group of girlfriends that she spent most of the time with. He was one of the outcasts, pretty much.

OFFICER WOLFF: Was Darcy a bully?

GRANT: What...? I don't know.

OFFICER WOLFF: You were her boyfriend. You should know her better than most people.

GRANT: Well, I guess I do but she likes to be secretive. She never seemed like a bully to me but I couldn't promise you that she never bullied anyone.

OFFICER WOLFF: Why not?

GRANT: She's sweet to most people but she's got a temper. I don't know if she would bully anyone but if someone isn't treating her right, she's not afraid to confront people harshly. I honestly don't know how far she would go.

OFFICER WOLFF: Is there anything she would criticize about Keller?

GRANT: Well, not really... Wait, do you really think Darcy had something to do with his death?

OFFICER WOLFF: We have to look at it from every possible angle, her initials were cut in their skin after all.

GRANT: If she did bully Joe, wouldn't he kill her and not the other way around?

OFFICER WOLFF: That's why we're trying to get some sense into this.

GRANT: I think you should start looking for Darcy instead. I know you're investigating the murder cases but Darcy is alive and might be in danger right now!

OFFICER WOLFF: We need to find out more about her and whatever happened before she disappeared to find her.

GRANT: How does that [explicit] matter?

OFFICER WOLFF: Behavioural analysis is more important than you think. I don't like the thought either but we need to keep in mind that Darcy Hotchner might not be as innocent as we thought she was.