Bitch Shall Die

Grant was drugged every day. He figured that the purpose was to stay put and not be able to go anywhere, or do anything.

Escape was impossible. Not only because there were no windows or doors possibly leading outside. This building or whatever he was kept in began to appear like a maze that he couldn't escape, even if he was sober enough to try.

Escaping also meant that Darcy would get hurt, as she had told him so several times.

Darcy was the only one who ever came down to his empty room, and she was only allowed to check up on him, bring him food, drug him again. Grant understood she was forced to do so, so he let her without hesitation.

She — whoever the crazy bastard was — never appeared in front of him.

Day by day he thought it through, what he would say to her, what he would try to do, how he could trick her to get out of here safely, with Darcy. He thought of possibilities to attack and kill her.

Darcy wasn't allowed to talk about her abductor, though it wasn't hard to see that she was scared of her and had much respect for her, at least she was pretending.

Grant had asked her in the very beginning whether she ever looked for a way out. She never did. Because that was what kept her alive — not wanting to escape.

Grant had no idea which day it was, whether it was the morning or the evening, whether it was raining or not. The walls around him were grey, impossible to break down. The scratch marks on all four metal sheets had shown him that. He wasn't the first one in here and it deeply unsettled him to the point where he threw up again.

It had been a long time and he wondered why that person didn't kill him off like the others. And he felt that with every new dosage of drug intake, he felt more and more like he was on the verge of giving up. It intensified every day: his wish to be killed if it meant getting out of here.

And when Darcy came down hurriedly to get him and she said, "She wants to talk to you. I'm going to untie you," it was the first time in forever where he thought that no, he didn't want to die, and yes, he should be thinking of all the victims that were innocently involved in this craziness, and hell yes, whatever this meant, this could be the ticket to getting that bitch killed.