Le Chevalier

At the party he was greeted by familiar faces. Such as the Comte de Guiche, Marquis d'Effiat and Monsieur Hervart, all hardcore party animals. Philippe decided to sit outdoors admiring the night-sky.

''Bonsoir.'' a strange voice behind him spoke. ''Hello?'' answered Phil. Turning his head to look, he recognized the stranger. It was the handsome Chevalier. ''Good evening to you too.'' Phil replied with a smile. He sat next to him and said ''Daniel de Lorraine, but my closest confidants call me Dan. Nice to finally meet you.'' Dan smiled. ''I know who you are.'' Phil smiled. ''And I know who you are.'' Daniel insisted. ''-you are the brother of the King. I saw you at the banquet. Why did you ask for my name?''

''I just wondered who that handsomely dressed man was.'' Phil smirked while he reached for his wine.

''Oh, bollocks.'' Phil spilled wine on his satin waistcoat. ''Oh, don't worry Monsieur.'' Dan pulled out his handkerchief and dampened it on Phil's chest, their faces coming closer together. In the heat of the moment their lips collided. It went on and on and eager Phil tried to unbutton Dan's coat. Dan took a step back ''Monsieur?''. They both looked surprised. Discouraged, Phil walked away into the gardens. Dan trailed behind him. ''Monsieur? Monsieur! I didn't mean it like that.''

He frowned his face: ''Then what did you mean?''

''I just thought, to protect ones reputation, that we ought to be more discrete and find a room.''

Phil looked at Dan with a smile. ''Don't worry about my reputation. I'm only the king's brother.''

Dan implied, ''That's what I mean. You are the king's brother. Everything you do reflects on the King.'' Phil's expression changed slightly. ''Let us just walk then.'' Phil suggested. Dan and Phil walked arm in arm through the palace gardens.

Eventually they sat down next to a pond. ''What is like, you know, being the king's brother?'' Dan asked. ''I can't ever fight him, even as child he was always right because he is, and will always be, the King.'' Phil replied.

''Let's forget about everything for now and just think of us, in this moment.'' Phil said. Dan embraced Phil as they sat on the grass and looked at the night sky. Overlooking the pond, they heard the crickets chirp through the night. The Chevalier broke the silence, ''Do you know what would be nice?'' Dan suggested. ''If you bought this place.''

''We've barely met and you all ready want to move in with me?'' Phil joked.

''It's just outside of Paris and far away from court. It's perfect.'' Dan remarked. ''It needs some renovations though.'' The Chevalier pointed at the obvious cracks in the walls of the 16th century chateau. Phil agreed.