Chapter Five

{Mature Content Warning}

***

For the past two years, Sasuke had spent a part of pretty much every day at the centre, surrounded by kids; screaming kids, laughing kids, whining kids, messy kids- kids everywhere. But now, it had been more than two months since he'd even set foot through the door. This semester he was doing an internship with a local financial consultancy company, and so he was spending a lot more time around actual adults, rather than children.

It was certainly a change for the better. These days his conversations were much more likely to be about what was happening in the news, or what he was studying at school, rather than why the sky was blue and what would be on today's sandwiches. And he really did need something to round-out his resume before he graduated.

It took him a week or so to get used to this place- and to wearing a suit, and actual proper shoes- but it was pretty nice here. Even though they gave him a lot of work to do, the atmosphere was just so calm and relaxing compared to the centre that he didn't mind. Yes, he was having a great time away from the centre.

"Sa-su-ke-kunnn," called a voice, and he turned to see one of his co-workers peeking her head around the corner. "There's a man waiting at reception for you! He says he's your boyfriend!"

Sasuke turned away from his desk and looked at the clock- wait, was that the time?! He stood up and pushed his work to the side. "Damn! I have to go!" He started shoving things into his bag, looking around to find his phone.

"Sasuke has a boyfriend?" said another girl, coming into the room. "What's he like?!"

"He's hot," the first girl whispered furiously. "You have to come and look!"

Well, Sasuke didn't know what to think of that- but it was his own fault, he was meant to be out of here at 5:30 on the dot, and he'd just lost track of time. He grabbed his bag and hurried after the two girls heading for reception, where he also discovered his boss, spying on the front desk from the hallway.

"Well done, Sasuke," she said to him, as he tried to sneak past the crowd of girls. "But he's got to be at least ten years older than you! He's not one of your teachers, is he?"

Sasuke forced down his blush and laughed off that comment. "Of course not!" he replied. "Is it okay if I head home now?"

"Don't keep him waiting any longer, Sasuke!" the girls cried, pushing him forward.

"See you tomorrow," he said to them, slinging his bag over his shoulder and hurrying to the front desk, over to Naruto.

"Ah, Sasuke!" Naruto said when he saw him; he turned away from the red-cheeked receptionist and smiled at him. "I didn't mean to interrupt you!"

"It's fine," Sasuke said back, "I'm so sorry, I had no idea what the time was!"

"Are you ready to go?" Naruto asked. "It's okay if you need to stay longer. Aiko and I were having a nice chat. She was trying to explain what on earth financial consultancy is."

Aiko the receptionist smiled prettily at that, and fluttered her long eyelashes at him. Sasuke bit back a scowl and grabbed Naruto's hand, pulling him away towards the front door.

"No, I'm all done for today!" he said, sneaking a quick look behind him and seeing all the female staff watching them. This time he really did blush, and turned around and started walking faster. "Where are we off to tonight?" he asked- it was Naruto's turn to plan their date.

Naruto brightened, lacing his fingers through Sasuke's, and leaning over to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Somewhere really special!"

Sasuke narrowed his eyes as he accepted his kiss. "It's not ramen again, is it? No more than once a week, you promised!" Naruto had a long-established set of ramen joints where he was practically a permanent feature; all the owners knew him.