Chapter 8

I start to walk toward Stacey and Jenna to get to the bottom of why they thought this was so funny. I stop right in front of them. "What is so God damn funny?" 

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately? You look like a whore!" Stacey says still laughing.

I thought for a second  then my eyes opened as I realized who wrote those words on the board. "It was you...You two were the ones who wrote those words on the board the other day? Why...Why would you do that?" I said trying not to fall apart.

"I'm sorry it's nothing personal...actually, it is personal," Stacey says finally showing her true colors. I froze as I felt water go down my head. Jenna had poured a glass of sparkling water on me.

"We are only going to say this once. STAY AWAY FROM THE H3. If anyone is going to be with one of them it's going to be us." Jenna says following suit to Stacey's cold demeanor.  

"You see, you need to realize where your place is in society. Look around you? You don't belong in our world." Stacey says in anger as she pushes me to the ground.

I sit there looking at the ground not knowing what to do. I should have never come. They are right. I don't belong in their world.  

"What is going on here?" I hear a voice behind me say. I look up to see a tall beautiful woman with piercing blue eyes. It was the woman I saw with the H3 the other day.

"Rosette!" Casey runs over to me and starts to console me. 

 Stacey starts to talk with a huge smile on her face. "Oh, Hi Ashley. Sorry, we were just telling this girl that she doesn't belong here with us. I mean look at her clothing." Ashley looks down at me then her eyes flicker back at Stacey and Jenna.

"Yes, there is someone that doesn't belong here but it isn't this girl that is lying on the ground." Ashley snaps at Stacey.

Stacey and Jenna's mouths gaped in surprise at the words coming out of Ashley's mouth. "Anyone who disrupts a party like this is no longer allowed to stay," Ashley continues.

"But-" Jenna starts.

"You heard her, Leave. Now." I hear a husky voice say. I look up to see Greyson standing next to Ashley defending me as well.

"Ugh! fine! Common Jenna lets leave." They both walk out the door arm in arm with their noses up in the air. Casey starts to help me get up.

"Why...Why did you do that? You don't even know me..." I said in confusion.

"Because...it was the right thing to do," Ashley says now smiling at me."So, you must be the famous Rosette I have been hearing so much about. I am impressed it takes a lot of guts to stand up to the H3."

"Well...I wouldn't say that I'm famous" I say. She starts to giggle. 

"You're funny. Come" She holds out her hand. for me to take. "Let's get you cleaned up. Your friend can come too. I will need her help," as she looks at Casey.

"Thanks but  where are we gonna go?" I ask.

"Upstairs of course."

"Wait! You live here?!" I ask totally dumbfounded.

She starts to giggle again as I take her hand. "Of course not. This is a Hotel I am staying here temporarily." She answers me. Wow...this is a hotel? It's pretty big and Fancy. Ashley turns to Greyson "Don't worry we won't be long." 

Greyson smiles before answering. "Okay, I'll be here waiting." We walk out of the ballroom and get to an elevator. We took it all the way to the top. Figures she would have a suite. We get into her room and the room was even bigger than I thought it would be. It was ten times the size of my living room. She walks to her closet and starts to look through a whole bunch of dresses that she has hung up. She stopped at one dress. It was a bright violet empire waist dress. And it looked expensive. 

"Here put this on," She says as she holds it out to me.

"Oh, I don't know it looks expensive...I mean I couldn't," I say trying to say no in the nicest way but she  didn't seem like the person that would take no for an answer.

"I insist," She says as she puts the dress in my hands. It felt even softer than it looks. I walk into the bathroom to put the dress on and wouldn't you know it, the dress fits. I walk out of the bathroom with Casey and Ashley looking at me.

"Wow, you look so pretty in that dress! It's so you!" Casey exclaims. 

"It's perfect I had a feeling it might fit you. Now sit down we need to finish." Ashley said before getting out a curling iron and a hair dryer.

~~~

It took them about 30 minutes to be finished with me. Ashley did my hair while Casey put some makeup on me. "Okay, we are finished!" Ashley says. I turn around and look at the mirror. I could hardly recognize myself. I couldn't believe I was looking at myself in the mirror.

"Wow...I look-"

"Beautiful!" Casey exclaims.

"I was going to say different," I explained.

"Common girls, let's go downstairs we don't want to miss any more of the party," Ashley says as she walks out of the room.

"Ashley!" I say to stop her. She turns around and waits for my response. "Thank you" She just replies with small smile.

We get downstairs and the party is still going strong. Everyone was dancing. I look to see Greyson patiently waiting right where we left him. He looks at me for a few seconds trying to take in my transformation. I start to blush a little bit. "You look great" he finally says. They start to slow down the music for a slow dance and Greyson holds his hand out to Ashley. She graciously accepts his hand as they start to walk to the dance floor to start dancing. I look around to see where Casey disappeared to and I see that she is already dancing with Austin. Great. Now I'm alone again. I look at Greyson and Ashley as stride across the dance floor. They look perfect together. I see the way Greyson looks at Ashley realizing it is completely different than the way he looks at me. If only he looked at me that way...

"Hey, would you like to dance?"  I hear a deep voice behind me say. I turn around to see Duke standing right behind me with a smirk on his face. My stomach instantly drops.

"Ha why?" I say turning away from him.

"Well...you looked like you wanted to dance so I thought I would help you out by asking," he said scratching the back of his neck. He seemed a little nervous but I don't know why. 

"I said I wouldn't date you so what makes you think I would dance with you?!" I say starting to get a little irritated.

His mood instantly changed. "Hey! I was only trying to help!" 

 I turn to look at him again. "Yeah right, you have probably never helped anyone in your life. Just leave me alone okay?!" I was about to walk away when I start to lose my footing. Oh, Crap! I grab onto Duke's clothes without thinking and before I knew it we both tumbled down on the ground. I felt something soft and wet on my lips. I look in horror as I see Dukes body on top of mine. With his lips against mine. Oh no! no! This can't be happening. This was my first kiss and it was stolen by Duke Hamilton. The man I hated more than anyone.