5: Luka's 'Battles'

Luka•

"Great now that I know your name, Luka, I suggest you not tell me what to do, and not expect me to think you're of importance over anyone else in this school. I know guys like you, the kind that are popular and have the whole school and school officials up your ass. Don't think I forgot about all the girls here." She said looking at Kelsey and Finny behind me. "All this girls must be either desperate for male attention or just too easy." She said and walked off.

I didn't know if I could keep up the act of not feeling anything any longer. She was my mate and I couldn't deny that. Let's just backtrack to earlier shall we?

*Flashback*

"Hey man?" Grayson said slapping my back pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, hey" I said clearing my throat. "What's up?"

"You alright? You look a little out of it?" He laughed. "Crazy night last night or what?" He said mentioning the crazy pack party that I hosted last night. I mean it wasn't a whole pack thing just people from here at school, and it wasn't even just one pack it was all the pack that go here. As for my behavior this morning it wasn't because of last night, it's something different, it's something that had my wolf Brody going stir crazy and alert.

"Nah man it's not that, it's something else. I don't know my wolf is just acting up. Hey I'll catch you later. " I bumped his fist and went to class.

I walked to my seat and was just about to ask the girl behind me for last night assignment then I was cut off buy the sweet smell of crisp apples and blossoms, it had my mouth watering and my wolf was searching for something.

"Everyone meet Ms. Dunn." Mr. Allington said making me along with everyone else look at the girl next to him in the front of the class.

"MATE! MATE!" Brody yelled in my head to me. "GO TO HER! GO TO OUR MATE!" He lowly growled. Maybe she wasn't my mate, maybe Brody was just acting up?

"Well...Charlotte..uh Charlie, yeah Charlie. Hi, I'm Charlie." She stuttered. Everyone chuckled at her misfortune and I just wanted to yell at all of them but rip their heads off at the same time.

"Take the empty seat right there in front of Mr. Pierce. Luka, raise you're hand." Mr. Allington instructed Charlotte making her look at me. Our eyes met and I couldn't deny that she was my mate. She was my mate and she was absolutely beautiful. I raised my hand a little and she walked to the desk in front of mine and sat down wafting her scent towards me with her hair causing me to straighten and clear my throat to not show what effect this had on me.

Brody was going crazy in my head, he wanted me to mark her right here right now. We all know that would be a bad idea because there could be some humans in this class. To ease him up a bit I reached over to touch her shoulder, I mean it sounded like a good idea. She probably already knew we were mates because she couldn't stop looking at me. I could also feel how uneasy she felt that was just probably her own wolf going crazy in her and Brody felt that.

I reached my hand over and lightly brushed her shoulder. I automatically felt sparks and I know she did too because her skin erupted with goosebumps. Something was different though. Naturally if a mate touched another mate their skin becomes warm at the touch and each other could feel it, at least that's what it's like for wolfs. Her skin didn't get warm, and neither did mine. That could only mean that she is a human. a Human!?

I could hear and feel Brody whimpering inside my head.

"What are we going to do?" Brody whimpered.