Twenty-It's Just a Car

Hey Everyone, Ever have one of those weeks? You know, one when if something can go wrong, it does. *Groan* Well, I had hoped to get this chapter up earlier...but I guess as the saying goes, it's better late than never. As always, please message me about edits.(Thank-you for your patience and support!)

(Thank-you for your patience and support!)

(JAXON SPEAKING)

The door closed behind me as I got out of the car already knowing this wasn't the brightest idea I had all day, but I didn't care. "Kellan!" No response. "Kellan! You wanted your little war. Fine, here I am. Come out and I'll be happy to oblige!" I yelled, walking closer toward the cabin. The image of him sauntering down the stairs into the kitchen invaded my thoughts again. In fact, that disturbing image had played in my head the entire drive over here. I couldn't help but think he had been in her bedroom with her. No, I was sure he had. "Kellan! Get out here and face me, you coward!" I hollered, wanting to rip him to shreds. Finally, the door opened, and he walked out onto the porch.

"What? Still festering?" He laughed dusting his hands off.

"No, I don't think so. I'm way past that. Try this is me ready to rip your head clean off your shoulders," I spat. I could feel my heart start to race, and my hands heat up in response.

"Definitely, still festering. Come to think about it, you've always had a problem letting your emotions get the better of you, even when you were little. I see some things never change," Kellan mocked, spinning the globe of water he had in his hands. "Tsk, tsk, tsk," he taunted. "Your father isn't here to remind you how to retain your emotions."

Yup, I was mad before, but now? I was pissed. I pulled a hot molten thread from the fire core letting it roll over in my hand. "Stay. Away from. Wren." I chucked the dripping ball of fire at his feet. As quickly as stairs burst into flames in front of him, he had dropped the circular swell of water over the wooden treads, and the firebomb went out leaving behind a blackened scorch mark.

 As quickly as stairs burst into flames in front of him, he had dropped the circular swell of water over the wooden treads, and the firebomb went out leaving behind a blackened scorch mark

"Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen," he said stepping off the last stair onto the ground. "What? Didn't you see what she just did to that kitchen? She channeled that from me, not you, ring boy."