Prologue

"Elise, wake up, Elise!" I heard someone shout and I groaned, hiding my face in my pillow.
"Nuuuu!" I said lazily, almost drifting back asleep before being dragged (quite literally) out of it and onto the floor.
"Ooof!" I said as I face planted onto the floor. "Thanks mum," I said sarcastically. "You're welcome," my mum laughs.
I then drag myself using my arms, still face planted onto the floor and downstairs to get breakfast.

(After breakfast and getting ready)

"Righty, bye mum!" I yell and wave to her. "Bye Elise, watch the road!" She shouts as usual due to there being quite a busy road I have to cross to get to school. I sigh and roll my eyes playfully and smile. "Yep, got it, see you!" I wave and turn back around to get to school. On the way there I get that strange feeling that someone is watching me, causing me to look around every now and again to see anything. At one point I'm sure I saw a shadowy figure jumping roof to roof. "Must be my imagination," I murmur before hearing something whizzing through the air and feeling a stabbing pain in my right arm.

I yell out in pain, looking at my arm to see some sort of syringe had been pierced into my skin. From the looks of it half of the glowing green liquid had already been injected into me and before I could get it out I felt really dizzy. "H-how did it get there? And w-what is t-this?" I try to say, confused out of my mind as I stumble around, trying to stand up straight before passing out on the ground but not before seeing a dark, masked face looking down at me with glowing green eyes.