Chapter Fourteen

I giggle when I walk down the stairs and see toothpaste stain left over from this morning. However, my giggles immediatly stop when I see Carter waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. He is wearing a fitted suit with a light blue shirt under the jacket. His hair was left in it's normal messy way, and his hands are shoved deep inside his pocket. He lifts his head to look at me and his green eyes widen, "Cosette..." He whispers.

I smile, and continue down the stairs. His hand makes it way to the small of my back and he smirks, "You look beautiful."

Without another word he guides me out the door, and opens the car door for me. He closes it gently, and then climbs into the drivers seat. "Where are we going?"

He starts backing out of the driveway, "Somewhere special."

I frown, and lean back in the seat. He chuckles, "Don't frown, you're ruining your beautiful face."

I smile replaces my frown as I realize just how much he sounds like Georgia. He gives me a quick glance, "There's my smiling princess."

I roll my eyes, and he snorts, "What?" I ask.

He shrugs, and keeps his eyes on the road. It's refreshing to be alone with Carter without having the stress of the pack on our shoulders. Carter seems relaxed, his body is no longer tense, and his mouth isn't pulled into a taught line. Carter's hand starts rubbing my bare thigh, and I gasp in surprise. He sends me a flirtatious wink, and I scowl at him. Should he really be getting all sexy while he is driving?

I place my small hand on his large one, trying to keep his hand still. He sighs and stops rubbing my thigh, but his hand remains there, so I leave my hand resting on top of his. I wonder where Carter is taking me. If Georgia had any hand in this then it definitely going to be nice. But I don't want him spending a lot of money on me, or more than he already has by buying me all those clothes.

I'm sure he's filthy rich though, all Alphas are. Speaking of Alphas... "Carter, before I left my cousin died, and Jake was next in line for Alpha and-"

Carter lets out a sharp breath, "This isn't really something I should be discussing with you. It's your brother's bussiness."

Well fine then you loser! This night better be amazing because I am going to back down from this fight. Just this one, so Carter better not get too cocky or he has a whole new world of pain coming his way. Carter pulls up to a small and charming Italian restuarant. The outside seating has Christmas lights strung on a picket fence, and somehow it is absolutely perfect. 

Carter comes around to my side of the car, and helps me out. A little squeel escapes my lips, I literally cannot contain my excitement right now! I am on my first date with my mate, well lets be honest, my first date ever. Quickly, I give Carter a hug, "Thank you."

He frowns, and he cups my cheek gently, "For what?"

"This, everything." I whisper.

His green eyes are shining in the moonlight, and his thumb is brushing my cheek. His plump lips part, and the most amazing words are said with his husky voice, "I love you."

I have never heard three words said with so much passion. Sure we may have let that four letter word slip our lips a few times but we have never said it directly to each other. I reach up and grab his hand, intertwining our fingers. The energy between our bodies is electrics and I never want this moment to end. His eyes are searching mine, begging me to say something. I have never seen him look so vulnerable and it is absolutely adorable. "Cosette, say something." He begs. 

A smile practically explodes across my face as I jump into his arms, leaving little kisses all over his  face, "I love you too."

He laughs, and starts spinning me around. My arms stay secure around his neck and laughter is bubbling between the two of us. Gently he places my feet back on the ground, and he grabs my hand, bringing me towards the restuarant.

---

As we walk back into the house, I lean into his arm, "That was perfect."

He drapes an arm across my shoulder, and pulls me closer to him. We stop walking, and I turn to look at him. His expression is serious, and his grip on me tightens, "Cosette. Go inside."

My lips part in shock, and I feel fear capture my heart. His eyes start turning a darker color, and he growls at something in the woods. "Go." He barks.

I jump all of the hairs on my neck standing up, I don't want to leave him, I want to see what is happening. But of course I don't get to see because Mike bursts outside. I desperately clutch on to Carter's rigid arm, but Mike easily pulls me off. The emotion I can feel is pure terror as my eyes blur with tears. With hazy vision I can barely make out Carter shifting into his wolf, his tux ripping to shred immediatly. 

Mike carries me into the house while I beat on his chest. He locks the front door and sets me down, I run to the window, trying to see what is going on. I see numerious wolves follow after Carter, and my heart starts pounding harder. Everything is going to be fine right?

Authors note: Sorry it is short!!! I hope you enjoyed the date and the excitement at the end!!!!!!!

comment

vote

keep being awesome!!

---Em