Future

Chapter 22

*year 2025*

Cas pov.

I'm 27 now. I'm also married to Dean. We've been married for 3 years now. When I turned 20, my dad grew some balls and finally married Molly. She's Gabe and I's mom now.

I've been able to walk for 5 years now, but with support. I have to use forearm crutches. Some days I get the strength to walk without them. Dean calls them my karate crutches. Whenever he pisses me off, which is very often, I'd trip him. It's hard to use them when you have to wake up in the middle of the night to take care of a crying baby. I honestly think that Dean should have to do it because he can still walk properly.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Dean and I have 2 kids. A 4-year old daughter named Claire Gabrielle Novak and a 10-month old son named Benjamin Samuel Novak. We decided that they should have my last name because Dean said, and I quote, "Novak's cooler than Winchester." Dean has my last name too. Well, it's actually hyphenated.

We chose to adopt. We got Claire when she was almost 3 years old. She came from a teenage pregnancy. We stay in touch with her mother, who was only 16 when she had Claire. During the first month of pregnancy, Claire's mom drank, not knowing she was pregnant. That caused Claire to be deaf. She learned to talk before she became deaf. Dean and I know sign language now, it's pretty cool. Claire's mom taught us and Claire at the same time. Claire mostly talks though. Ben's parents abandoned him. Sam found him while he was investigating a possible drug dealing. Sam's a cop by the way. We plan on telling them about being adopted when they turn 10.

I'm a very famous writer. Dean said I should make what happened while I was in a coma into book, and I did. It's called Mr.Comatose by the way. At the moment, I'm on a book tour. Dean, the kids, Sam, and Gabe came with me. We have a bus that take us from city to city. Once we got to the city we're supposed to be in, we get a hotel room. Dean always joins me during panels. Sometimes Claire and Ben will join us. Gabe, who is a movie producer, is gonna help me make my book a movie. Sam and Dean are gonna help with the casting. Dean is a famous but anonymous artist. He goes by the name Winvak.

Dean pov.
*3:30 am*
I hear Ben crying. "Cas, Ben's crying again. Go shut him up," I say as I lightly shake him. "He's your kid too Dean. I've gotten up once," Cas said as he turned away from me. I unwillingly got up, grabbed my glasses, and stared walking to the part of the hotel room where Ben and Claire sleep. Right before I open the door Ben stopped crying. I still went in because both Sam and Gabe were in their own room, so who the hell silenced him.

I opened the door to see Claire in Ben's crib. I walk in baffled about what was going on. "Claire, honey, what are you doing in Ben's crib?" I sign. "Shh Papa Benny sleeping," Claire said as she put a finger over her lips. "Oh sorry, I'll leave. Goodnight Claire," I sign as I exit the room. "Night Papa," Claire said. I then walked back to where Cas was sleeping soundly, and lied down right next to him.

"Why was Ben crying?" Cas asked. "I'm not sure, but Claire made him go back to sleep," I said. "Really? How?" Cas asked. "Once again, not sure. She was in the crib with him though," I say. "And you didn't take a picture of it?" Cas asked. "No. I find it completely idiotic when people tale pictures of things that their child won't even remember happened. We will take pictures of more important things though," I say. "Yeah, like what?" Cas asked. "Birthdays, when they start school, when they get their first boyfriend or girlfriend, when they get a car, when they go to prom, and when they get married," I say in a told-ya-so tone. "Whatever, I'm going to bed before the sun comes out," Cas says as he turns away. I then go to sleep.