chapter 19

Hello everyone

one more chapter

this one is about Mayas and Nicolas's lunch

enjoy

XXX

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 19

After they concluded their appointment it was lunch time. As soon as they stayed alone in the office a wave of awkwardness spread in the room. Nicolas did not want to part from her but he realized it would be cruel to tell her that they should keep working without her having a lunch break. What he really wanted to do was to invite her to lunch and take her to a nice restaurant. He appreciated her more and more each day he worked with her. He kept learning more and more about her personality from her interactions with him and their clients. She was trying to be strictly professional but she was like an open book. She showed her feelings and the clients appreciated that. It made them trust her more. Him, it only made him fall in love with her even faster. He was in big trouble and he could not do a damn thing about it.

He was about to propose one of the greatest restaurants in town. He wanted to pamper her. He bet her ex was a total asshole that never gave her all the things she deserved.

“Maya, it is lunch time. We should continue after we put some food in our stomach don’t you think?” He asked her smiling. At that point her stomach growled proving him more than right. Maya laughed a little embarrassed.

“How can I say no when my stomach keeps selling me out?”

“I was wondering if…” bzzzzzzzzzz the intercom sounded interrupting his proposal

“Yes?” he asked a little bit irritated.

“Oh hey boss I saw your last appointment leave and wanted to remind you that your next appointment is at three with Mrs Summers.”

“I know, I wish I could forget again but I can’t” Nicolas practically growled and Maya felt an inner satisfaction that he did not mean to accept Mrs Summers advances on him. She knew she was behaving crazy, more territorial than an official girlfriend but there was nothing she could do about it.

“Ok boss!” July paused and then she kept going “I just wanted to ask one more thing.”

“Shoot”

“It is lunch break. Are you going to keep working with Maya? You want me to order something for both of you?”

“No we are going to have a break until our appointment at three.”

“Oh ok! Maya I will wait for you to go together for lunch then. The girls left five minutes ago for the cafeteria.”

“Ok “ Maya replied. “Give me five to take my files to my office and get my things. I will meet you at the elevator.”

“Ok see you there” July said and closed the intercom.

Maya turned and looked at Nicolas. He did not seem happy.

“Oh you wanted me to stay? I can cancel with July.” She said quickly

“No it is ok I am just irritated with the prospect of my appointment with Mrs Summers. You go ahead.”

“Do you want to join us?”

“No I think I will leave you girls alone. I would not want to impose myself on you.”

“You will not impose on us. I am sure all the girls would love for you to join us.”

“No it is ok. Some other time maybe. There is somewhere I have to go anyhow for a little while.”

“Ok I will see you later” Maya felt a little bit disappointed. She liked being with him even if that meant it would be salad for her. She did not want to scare him no matter how hungry she might be. She gathered her files and left. Right before she left Nicolas told her.

“We will resume at three with Mrs Summers appointment”

“I thought she wanted to deal only with you” Maya said a little bit snappy.

“Well tough! She is going to meet you too. When I am away you will have to deal with her and it is better if you met each other while I am here. Don’t you worry she will love you!” Nicolas tried to placate her.

Of course she could not deny meeting with a client.

“Ok I will see you at three then.”

“Have a nice lunch”

“You too” With that she left his office and went into hers. She grabbed her purse and run to the elevator to meet July. She did not want to keep her waiting. As they were descending Maya asked July for details on Mrs Summers.

“Well she is an important client of our company. She got divorced a few years ago. Since then she is trying to snatch up a new husband. It is aggravating the way she keeps throwing herself to Nicolas. I mean I am not interested in him sexually and she irritates me. I would not like her and Nicolas’s girlfriend to meet face to face.”

“He has a girlfriend????” Maya practically yield.

July looked at her suspiciously and Maya had to force herself not to blush.

“I mean for poor Jamie that likes him so much”

“Ya sure” July said clearly not convinced by her explanation. “I am almost positive that he does not currently have a girlfriend but that can change at any moment. He is a very handsome man that attracts women like honey attracts the bees. I am sure that any moment now some woman will snatch him up. Interested?” She winked at Maya and this time she could not help blushing.

“NO I AM NOT!!! After all I am sure there is some policy to the company that says that bosses and employees are not allowed to be in a relationship”

“I know not of such a rule, although I have to admit Nicolas hasn’t had a relationship with any of his employees and I work with him since he first started this business. But if there is such a rule I am in trouble since I am going out with Greg…”

“See??? Mute point. And Greg???? You hit it off after the party? Come one you will tell me all the details at lunch” Maya said not knowing if she should be glad what he told her yesterday about not having relationship with his employees was true, or sad because their one night was just that. One night. And she did not remember it. Damn!!!!

July did not say anything on that subject of her and Nicolas since they had reached the other ladies and Maya appreciated that. She did not want that kind of conversation to be held with such a huge audience. Rumors were too easy to be born. They ate peacefully discussing the new movies that would be aired soon and even made a date of going to see one of them next weekend.

Lunch break was quickly over and they returned to their posts. Maya prepared herself for the appointment with Mrs Summers more psychologically than strategically since she did not have her file to study. Well Nicolas would have to do the most part of the discussion and she would intervene when she thought right. She sensed it was important to Nicolas that she hit it off with her and she would do her best. That meant of course that she would have to rein her jealousy. That would not be an easy feat since it looked like a caged animal that escaped after years of confinement. Escaped being the operative word. It did not have permission to get out.

“Well he was very sweet to you today and not once did he get angry when you constantly got mad and offended him” the small voice inside her pointed out

“Shut up! You just want to get me in more trouble than I already am.” She huffed and tried to rein the beast.

As if……

__________________________________________________________________________

Yes well they did not have lunch together.....

;-)

don't be mad at me....

next will be their meeting with infamous Mrs Summers

hope you liked it

kisses everyone

XXX