Chapter One

The city was busy and for Colin, it was something he wasn't used to. He was used to walking down the street in his small town where people wouldn't walk over each other and they'd all recognise each other.

Here, no one knew each other. Everyone walked by each other and they didn't care. They didn't care that the guy next to them could possibly be gay. Colin knew this would be better for him but being in this big city and not knowing anyone frightened him. Not only did he barely have any money, he didn't know the people. They were all unpredictable.

But despite all of that, despite being in a completely different place, Colin almost felt safer than he did back home. He felt like he can finally be himself without everyone hating on him.

He made his way through all the people, wanting to reach the motel he spotted when he turned the corner. He was hoping they were cheap so he could start finding a job.

A few hours ago, Colin got onto a bus and left his town. He and his boyfriend came out to their parents a while back but it didn't go out as planned. Everyone practically hated them and for what? For liking the same sex? Colin would never understand people like that.

His father was one who became too aggressive. Whenever Colin was spotted out and about with Matt, the people of the town would mention it to his father and when Colin got home, he would wake up the next morning with a bruise on his body.

But even with all the beating, the hated looks and words people threw at him, nothing hurt more than leaving Matt behind.

Matt, his boyfriend. His only friend to stick by him and support him through everything but even with his support and love, it wasn't enough. Colin was losing it. Everything in his life was falling apart and that's when he almost resorted to doing something he would have regretted.

Colin didn't want to die but at the time, it seemed like the easiest option. Matt didn't want to leave the town just yet. Colin understood why but he couldn't stay there any longer so Colin left and he left Matt behind in that town.