~Chapter 21~ Off We Go...

Enjoy chapter 21! Please vote, read, comment, and  I do say fan. Also, please keep supporting! :D

Also, Blessed Lammas! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________

      The next morning before the break of day, we saddled up and rode off towards the old ferry across the massive gap surrounding SeaCliff. I was the first one across, followed by Halt. "I really hate this thing, it seems so un-safe." My voice was slightly shaky, I wasn't afraid of heights, but I didn't like being on something that looked like it was going to fall down. I eased Fury onto the ferry and it took off across the gap. About halfway over, I decided to look down, which was a mistake, because I got nauseous. I heard Halt yelling at me in the distance, and he was waving his arms.

      "Keira, don't look down, no matter what you do. Do. Not. Look. Down." He stopped waving and I looked at Fury, trying to get my attention off of the ocean passing far beneath me. We soon stopped on the other side of the gorge, and I nearly ran off, Fury trailing behind me. I then proceeded to allow Fury to drag me over to a tree, where I sat down, putting my head in between my knees like Gilan had told me, and instantly felt better. Halt came across quicker than I had, and walked over to where I sat. "You ok?" I nodded and he looked slightly relieved. "Good, we couldn't have you being sick on the day of our mission."

      "Our mission? It was supposed to be just my mission, with them not involved." It was hard for me to keep the bitter hatred from rising up in my voice. I quickly stood up and grabbed Fury's reigns and lifted myself up into the saddle. "I think that Crowley thought that we couldn't handle it ourselves, so he added more Rangers to the case." I clicked my tongue and rode off towards the clearing, not looking back. This time, it's ok for my anger to take over... I heard Halt calling my name, but I ignored him. I rode and rode until no one could see me anymore, and then I stopped. I dismounted and lead Fury under a tree, where I sat and waited. I needed my mind to clear. No one came after me for half an hour, which is how long it takes to leisurely ride to my location. I was sitting in the shadows, arm on my knee, my cowl pulled up. Halt, Will and Gilan stopped and dismounted, motioning for Anna and Cobi to do the same. They walked over to me, and sat in front of me. "Listen guys, I want to be alone..." They didn't care, and sat around me in a circle.

      "Keira, we need to talk." Gilan stared at me as he crouched by me. "Come on, let's go for a walk." He held his hand out and I allowed him to help me up. We walked a good distance before anyone spoke. "Halt told me that you are angry with Will, Anna, Cobi and I for coming on this mission. Is that right?" I nodded, looking at his face. He chuckled a little, which surprising me. "You know Keira, there will be many, many more missions for you to go on. You will be in training for six more years, so don't let one small mission get to you." We had stopped walking and were standing there, in the silence.

      "You know Gilan, you are right. I shouldn't be so jealous, I just wanted to try and impress Halt with no one else to take credit for anything." I smiled and turned away from him. "We should be getting back." He nodded and followed me as we walked back to the group gathered around a map of some kind. "Guys, what are you doing?" Will stood up and picked up the paper with him.

      "Nothing, it's just a map, that's all." His voice was full of doubt, but I didn't really care.

    "If it's a map, then why am I not looking at it?" I was feeling left out, maybe lonely, but I'm not sure. What are they hiding from me? Is is something to do with my birthday? My birthday was the next day, the twentieth of the Morgen's month. I bet that they are planing something. "Fine, shouldn't we be camping by now, it took us half a day just to get to where we are." I crossed my arms over my chest.

     "I guess we should," said Anna, "It's getting dark already, which is suprising for this time of day." Halt nodded and we lead the horses through the woods to a clearing and loosened their tack.I gave Fury some water, hay and an apple.

     "It's alright girl, we might not be home, be this is close enough." I muttered in her ear, hugging her neck. I was starting to get home sick, I missed being in Halt's cabin, seeing the clearing made me feel slightly better. "Halt, where should we pitch camp?" He pointed to an area under a large tree.

     "Over there should be good, it looks like it has plenty of cover if it rains, besides, it reminds me of our cabin." I nodded and brought the tents over to the spot. I pitched them and set everything up inside, and finally went over to where Will and Anna had built a small fire.

     "Hey guys," I started, sitting down while grabbing a bowl of food from Cobi, who no longer hated me. "Halt, I pitched the tents." He nodded and I took a bit of the stew. "Wow, great kingdoms this is amazing!" I saw Cobi nod and looked at her. "You made this?" She nodded  once again, blushing slightly. "You are a good cook, why didn't you join Master Chubb's kitchen?" She shrugged,

     "I wanted to be a Ranger more, I felt like it was the thing for me." I nodded, knowing the feeling of belonging once again. I got up and decided to go lay down in my tent.

    "Good night guys, see you in the morning." Everyone muttered goodnight and I walked off in the direction of my tent. I crawled inside and began to think. Ever since I was a little girl growing up in the ward, nobody paid any attention to me, it was like I was just another face in the crowd. When I became a Ranger, I truly felt like people understood me and respected me. I grabbed the last thing I had of my parents, a small wooden coin with a Skandian pattern on it. My father had given this to me, and my mother had painted it, it was the only thing that I had left of them. I fell asleep grasping the coin, holding it in my hand.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. This update took way longer than I imagined. I had to write and essay for school, and now school starts up in two weeks, I will try to update before then though. I might not have much time for updates besides holidays. Speaking of holidays, Blessed Lammas everyone! )O( :D