Chapter XXIV

This is for books_for_life becaus she is an awesome reader, last chapter would have gone to her, but I thought because fourelements15 figured it out it would go to her. Anywho thank you much!

Alright lovlies, I am able to update, I have had a great time with my dad, got to go to an Atlanta Braves game, we won btw, it was awesome, oh and I got to see Styx perform afterword. Overall, a wonderful weekend, soooo enough about that crap that you don't care about and here's a short chapter, sorry, i'll upload soon.

:)

Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter XXIV

I woke up to the smell of plastic and antiseptic and I knew exactly where I was. I rolled over and lost the contents of my stomach, which wasn't much. I jumped when I felt someone's hand on my back.

I turned my head too quickly and everything started spinning. I couldn't help but groan.

"Juliet, are you alright?" I looked up into a pair of chocolaty brown eyes I never expected to get to see again.

I threw my arms around him and I can't tell you why, but I just started crying and I held onto him for dear life. I was clutching onto him and bawling and he just sat there, with me in his arms rubbing small circles on my back. My back was hurting, so was most of me. I felt like I'd been run over by a truck or something.

After about twenty minutes I'd calmed down and managed something intelligible. "How are you here?"

Xavier smiled. "I got here as soon as I could."

"But, how?"

"Well, Juliet, there is this marvelous invention called an airplane. I got on one."

"How did you find me?"

Xavier gave me a smile that made me feel like a small child. "You aren't exactly subtle. The paparazzi have been following you for one, you're in a hospital for two, and Angelica called me for three."

"Angelica did?"

Xavier let out a soft chuckle. "Yes."

"Oh."

"Naturally, James has asked me to bring her back."

"Right." I nodded, suddenly feeling numb and cold.

"He's worried for you too."

"Of course."

"He welcomes you back, if you so choose."

I nodded, not knowing what to say.

"But no one can force you to come back."

"This has always been home . . ."

"I understand if you don't want to."

"But it's been different since I've been back." Xavier gave me a curious look. "It's home, but its not. Hell, I haven't been allowed to go back to my house since the press first learned I was here. Why does it hurt so much to breathe?"

A murderous look crossed Xavier's face. "You have three broken ribs, two more cracked. You also had a concussion and bleeding on the brain, and bruised lungs. You've been unconscious for nine days. That boy who was blackmailing you, he is now awaiting trial, and he signed a gag order. He thought it was a plea deal, but it's still binding. When your country's legal system is finished with him, he'll be awaiting charges back home."

"Oh."

"He is being charged with assault, assault with a deadly weapon, possession, assault and battery on an officer, as well as possession of paraphernalia, and he was also carrying an illegal firearm. Upon the warrants arrival, they searched his home and they found a great deal more information and evidence. Upon said search, we found what he had on you. To avoid international incident, it was removed from his computer and I have what is believed to be the only remaining copy."