Chapter XXX

Thank you all for your patience, I want to thank Krystin (kryzme) for all the support she has offered, and books_for_life I am sorry it took so long, just for that, this one is for you <3

Alright, this took me forever and a day. Why? Two reasons; one I've been packing and almost am finished and ready to move, and two with as stressed as I have been, I have been experiencing writer's block. Sorry lovelies, now I am also sad to say that this story is drawing to a close, there will only be one more chapter. I am considering a sequel, but I haven't decided yet. Well, I hope you enjoy. Now before we get started vote! Then comment!!!!

Chapter XXX - Changing Tides

Xavier and I talked, and I found out what happened after what I could remember. Maverick was fine; he just had a minor concussion. Amanda on the other hand, Xavier had to restrain. Apparently she almost killed Chase. She came and visited me and so did Maverick which brightened up my day. I'd been in the hospital for a week before I woke up, I was shot in the stomach, but there was no permanent damage. Senator Evans tried to come see me, but Xavier and Amanda had kept him at bay.

Apparently when I was out James had come and visited, but he couldn't wait around more than a few days. I can understand that, he is a diplomat after all. The more things happen the more I realized I'm not where I belong anymore. So long as I'm here, Chase can find me and he's proven he's insane. He's in an institution right now, Senator Evans had him transferred before he went to jail. I've already made my decision. I've told Amanda she's welcome to my house all that she wants, my car too.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Xavier asked. He had coffee. I was jealous. I wasn't allowed to have coffee yet. I was going to be on a liquid diet for a while. I was so not happy.

"Hungry." I groaned.

"I'm sorry, love."

"It's alright." I shrugged. "How much longer am I going to be stuck here?"

"Just a few more days, they want to be sure you won't tear the internal stitches. If you do, you could bleed out, but if your external stitches are fine, we'd never know until it was too late. Just a few more days."

"I hate hospitals."

"I know."

"Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure, so long as it isn't one of those silly movies that are twice your age." Xavier teased.

"Don't hate on cinematic genius."

"You have much to learn, little one."

"No sir, you have much to learn, Mr. Closed-Minded."

We watched movies all day long, and I usually ended up falling asleep at some point in between. It was nice though, waking up in Xavier's arms. Most of the time, when I did wake up, he'd soothe me back to sleep running his fingers through my hair and whispering to me. Being around Xavier I felt safe and couldn't believe I hadn't seen this myself earlier. Everything with Xavier was comfortable. I enjoyed his company and I liked to be around him. Something about him just calmed me.

It was fantastic when I was released. Xavier and I spent most of our time together and it was a few weeks later before I was completely cleared. I was taken aback when I got a legal letter in the mail. I read it and reread several more times before I could comprehend. Senator Evans had served me. He accused me of defamation of character of not only him, but his son. There was a separate envelope that had a blank check. I ran inside and picked up my phone.

"What is the meaning of this?" I demanded into the phone.

"Who is this?"

"It's me, Dick." I snarled into the phone.