The Descision Part 1

I sit in silence with Kyrin fast asleep on my lap. Maintenance has installed some type of Skype software that will show me live feed of graduation that will start in a few moments. Right now I see all the parents and families loading up into the the auditorium. There's a knock on the door my head quickly snaps in the doors direction, "Come in" I call loudly. The door opens and it's Xander in his cap and gown, tears form immediately in my eyes. "I thought you might want to see me in person" her says with his arms stretched out turning around slowly. The cap and gown is solid black and around his neck sits a red cord and a gold stole. "Oh my goodness Xander, you look so handsome just like-" I quickly stop myself before saying what I about said. "Like dad?" He asks taking a seat on the bed next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me close into him. "I really wish they were here" he says in a mere whisper looking off into nowhere.

"Me too" I agree a tear falling freely from my face this time, I sniffle. "Kaley promise you won't do anything stupid" he tells me "Stupid ?" I question cocking my head sideways glancing over at him. He still stares off into space, "With mom and dad gone you and Kyrin are the only ones I have left" he says shaken, I sigh leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I can't loose you two either that's the last thing I want, you guys mean more to me then any diploma or stage" he tells me rubbing his hands through Kyrin's hair. "Earlier I know you were contemplating" he tells me, my heart quickly skips a beat. "How did you-"

"I'm your brother Kaley, I know you by now at the end of the day I know that your gonna do what you wanna do, and when your heart is set on something you're gonna go for it" he says. "Your so busy thinking about the world Kaley, but what about us? Your friends, your family it's not fair" he says "I know I sound selfish, but we need you too" he says I sigh. I've never thought about my friends, or how it could affect them. I just thought about the world and included them. "Xander" I say releasing a strong wind from my mouth, "No Kaley I don't wanna hear it, I want you to promise you want do anything stupid" he says. "Ok Xander I won't" I say nodding my head. He holds out his pinky finger and looks at me pitifully, "Xander your gonna miss graduation"  I say loudly glancing at the clock causing Kyrin to stir in his sleep. "Kaley I don't care! I don't care about that all I care about now is the two of you, walking across the  stage is mostly for our parents anyways signifying us finally becoming adults, and since they're not here I don't care" Xander says.

"But I do, Xander mom and dad weren't the only ones who wanted you to succeed in life. There are more people here who love you and want nothing but what's best for you in life" I tell him glancing up at the screen seeing graduates starting to enter the room.  "I'm not going until I'm sure you'll be here when I get back" he says, his pinky still held out, "Fine" I say intertwining my pinky with his, little did he know was underneath the covers my other fingers were crosses. "Oh I almost forgot" I say reaching on the dresser right beside my bed grabbing a big box. "Here it's for you" I say giving him the box. "What's inside?" He questions "Look and see" I saw the box is so big that he has to hold it with both hands, he tears it open and looks inside. "CONGRATULATIONS XANDER!" I say a little too loudly causing Kyrin to stir in his sleep. " "Whoa!" He says "Everything's color coated everything with a pink ribbon around it is mine, purple is from mom and black from dad, the drawings and toys are from Kyrin" I say with a giggle. He looks as if he wants to cry,the large box is filled to the top with gifts. He pulls out a black SnapBack with a photo of the two of us engraved in the front, it has a pink ribbon around it. It's from me. "KALEY!" He yells loudly causing me to smile "You like it?" I question "I love it!" He says loudly "Thank you Kaley" he says kissing my forehead "Yeah, where there's plenty more things inside" I tell him "I see ok gonna look at it all right now too" he says "NO YOU'RE NOT!" I say loudly "Why not?" He questions "You have graduation" I say "Oh yeah, I guess I should go now huh?" He questions. "Uhh yeah" I smile. He quickly hops out of the bed the rushes to the door pausing he quickly turns back around and places a kiss on Kyrin's forehead and another one on mine. "We'll open then together when I get back?" He says like a question "Um yeah" I lie I'll be here now GO!" I yell smiling.