Chapter 3

The snow fell heavier and heavier as I trudged through it. My teeth began to chatter just before I reached the door of my flat. All the lights were off except a strand of Christmas lights that hung loosely around the door frame. I smiled knowing that Alli would've enjoyed them.

I quickly unlocked my door as I fumbled with the keys for a few seconds. A wisp of warm air surrounded me once I shut the door.

Turning to hang up my coat, I caught a glimpse of the picture sitting on the side table.

Hanging my coat up, I picked up the picture to observe it.

It was of Alli and I at the beginning of that year, at a New Year's Eve party actually.

In the picture I was sitting on a chair, wearing black jeans and a grey Tshirt. Alli was sitting in my lap, wearing a shiny black dress that fit her absolutely perfect. Both of us had smiles on our faces while she had her arm wrapped around my neck.

It was one of my most favorite nights.

That was the night I met her.

*memory*

"Ashton lets go already!" One of my best friends, Calum, yelled impatiently.

"Is this fine?" I asked him, stepping out of the bathroom and pointing to my outfit, which was only black jeans and a simple grey shirt.

Calum was sitting on the couch with a pillow sitting in his lap.

"That's fine, it's only a New Years Party, now lets go!" Calum replied, throwing the pillow at me, hitting me in the face.

I picked it up and threw it right back. "You're such a dick." I said, chuckling.

"You know you love me."

"Yeah, yeah. Lets go." I replied.

-----

We pulled up to the building that the party was being held at. Cars were scattered all up and down the street and I began to get slightly nervous. There were a ton of people here.

"You said Luke and Michael set everything up already, yeah?" I said, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Yeah, they've got everything sorted out Ash." He said like I had already asked him a thousand times.

We both hopped out and walked into the already opened doors.

People were already dancing to the blaring music while holding drinks in their hands. I could tell that tonight was going to be a good night.

Calum looked down at his watch. "We're suppose to go on in 10 minutes, I'll go find Luke." He said, walking through the crowded room.

I greeted a few of my friends that had showed up, before making my way up the small set up stage. I sat down behind my drum set and made sure everything was set up right. Lets just say I couldn't trust Michael and Luke to put together something this complicated.

After readjusting everything to the way I liked, I decided to grab a water bottle from the drink table.

I searched all over but I couldn't find one single bottle.

"What are you looking for?" A female voice asked me. I turned my head and laid eyes on the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

She had long blonde/dirty blonde hair that fell just before her waist, her long eyelashes really made her blue eyes stand out more than they normally would.

She was wearing a shiny black dress and what seemed to be about 3 inch black heels, still making her shorter than me.

Her pink shaded lips parted before saying something again, which I didn't hear.

"What's that?" I asked her, trying not to be noticeable that I was totally staring at her.

"I said, do you need help?" She asked, cracking a smile. She noticed all right.

"Uh, yeah I need a water." I replied.

"They're in the coolers under the table." She said with a laugh, bending down to grab one for me. It took everything in me not to stare.

"Here." She said, handing it to me.

"Thanks." I said, quickly taking off the cap and chugging half the bottle.

"Are you playing tonight? I saw you by the drums earlier." She said, trying to hold conversation. Thank god.

"Yeah I'm on in about a minute." I said, looking at Michael, Luke and Calum who were picking up the guitars.

"I should go. I'll see you later?" I asked nicely, smiling my signature smile.

"Sure. Good luck." She smiled sweetly and walked away.

-------

During the performance, everyone was going wild. Most of the people were familiar since we went to school with them.

I would constantly look through the crowd to find that girl again. I had to find her.

Finally I saw her dancing with a small group of her friends, her smile could literally light up the whole room. It's like it was contagious as I found myself smiling at her.

One of her friends looked at her and pointed at me, laughing.

She looked up and met my eyes, giving me a small wave. I couldn't really wave back since I was in the middle of a song, so I flashed her a smile.

I was more excited to end this last song more than anything.

------

People cheered us on once we were done. Some were whistling as we began to take our break.

Immediately I went back to the drink table and grabbed another water.

"That was great." I heard a familiar voice.

"I'm Alli by the way." She said sweetly. I looked to see the girl I had talked to earlier.

"Thanks, I'm Ashton." I said, setting my water down. Something about her smile made me melt on then inside. She seemed so sweet and innocent.

"Well we have 5 minutes until the New Year, they're shooting fireworks outside. Care to join me?" She asked. I couldn't pass it up.

I nodded my head as she slipped her arm around mine and went outside. Everyone was laying down on the grass, waiting for the firework show.

Alli lead me to an open space and sat us down, looking up.

People began to chant.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Happy New Year!"

As if on cue, a burst of fireworks shot up into the sky, creating a sparkley blue scenery.

"Happy New Year!" Alli gushed, pulling me into a hug that I never wanted to end.

*end of memory*

~~~~~

How is it? :)

People keep asking if Alli is dead or if they're just broken up. I'm not revealing the answer, you'll find out soon enough :)

Don't forget to vote :)