bad news

newts pov

sweet little sky was like my daughter and she always would be but at that moment I wished more then anything she wasn't mine. how was I supposed to tell the young girl about her mother? oh how I wish she would just be alive. but non the less Minho told me to tell her. me and Minho are really really close to her. Minho is more like the big brother and I'm more like the over protective dad. huh funny thought. me? a dad? psh. as if. heck I can barely take care of the gladers. the sun was just now completely rising. Sky had just woken up and was headed my way. OH CRAP!

"hey new'. why is everyone looking so sad?" she asked concern written all over her voice.

"Hey sweat pea. remember that letter? yeah well, bad news. actually really bad news. your mom isn't...... coming home. I'm really sorry." I said. I looked at her face and met her eyes. they had hurt and betrayel in them.

"No! your.... your lying!" she yelled and took off towards the homestead. Why was this so difficult? I watched as she ran through the crowd of people. they knew the talk we just had and stared at me as if I was a demon. maybe I was. maybe I really was just a demon trapped in a boys body. afterall how could I do that to such a poor girl?!

Minho ran to me and just by his face I could tell he was TICKED OFF! I looked to the sky (the actual blue sky above ya know the one with clouds. NO?! well get your head out of the phone man!)

and thought aloud WHY ME!

"Newt what the shuck did you do? how could you do that to the poor little thing?" he said and punched me in the gut. not as hard as he could have but hard enough to make me yell loudly, "BLOODY HELENA!"

"Alright I guess I deserve that." I whispered out.

"SURE AS SHUCK YOU DO! GO COMFORT HER MAKE HER HAPPY DO SOMETHING THAT WILL STOP ME FROM PUNCHING YOU AGAIN AND HARDER!" he yelled loudly

I nodded quickly and took off after sky. Minho was well known for keeping his word. I did NOT feel like another one of those.

the door to the homestead creaked loudly as I opened it. and there she sat. alone.

"I'm really sorry sky." I whispered and approached her slowly. I sat next to her on the small bench.

"i know" she whispered and cried into my chest.

we stayed like that for a few hours. I never moved and neither did she.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STILL NEWTS POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

we all have our troubles in life. everyone of us will face a battle maybe even the next world war 3 but you should always know deep inside your heart there will always be good. and no matter how evil the world turns out in years to come always know that there will always forever be good in the world. you may not always see it at times but its there. slowly giving you the motivation to push the limit. good luck in your war. because me and the gladers real war had just begun

HEY GUYS HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE BOOK MAYBE A SEQUAL IF I GET ENOUGH C0MMENTS!