Mycroft: Names

Request for ohwnojo

(I have discovered, due to prior comments and my own research, that Mr. and Mrs. Holmes are named Siger and Violet.)

~

"So (y/n), how does it feel being so close to popping?" asked Siger, coming to sit down with you on the couch. You looked down at your plump stomach and smiled.

"It feels like I've ate too much for the past nine months and haven't done anything to get rid of it," you joked.

"Well tonight won't help that sorry to say. Violet's made enough food to feed a small army." You and Mycroft had decided to spend Easter at his parents, well more like you forced him to go. Sherlock, John, and Mary were there as well, and you thought it would be good for the whole of you to spend some time together. Mary too was very close to her due date. It was already planned, between the two of you at least, that the baby's would be the best of friends, or the best of lovers.

"Dinner's ready," announced Mycroft, coming out to the sitting room from the kitchen. He held out a single hand for you, and you grabbed on tightly, hoisting yourself up with all your strength. Siger went in front of you, and Mycroft snuck a kiss onto the top of your head before you came into sight of everyone in the kitchen. You and Mary helped Violet set the table, then all sat down. Mycroft sat across from you, Sherlock was to your right, and Mary to your left. Violet came to set out the last of the food and you felt your tiny human kick in excitement at the smell.

"Have you two decided on any names yet?" asked Violet. She set the mashed potatoes on the table, the last of the great feast, and you licked your lips. Mycroft raised his eyebrows in warning towards you; he didn't want anyone to know the names you two had picked out and begged you not to say anything about it. You got the message he was sending you, but didn't listen.

"Well we were actually thinking-"

"Sherlock," interrupted Sherlock. "Great name, after a great man, and it's unisex." He smiled innocently between you and Mycroft and you watched your husband physically cringe.

"I thought John and Mary were taking that name," you teased, and John's head shot up while Mary let out a giggle.

"The more the merrier," stated Sherlock, cutting into his turkey and inspecting it carefully before putting it in his mouth.

"Actually, Mycroft would like the child to be named after him," you confessed rather bitterly. "As you can see I'm very happy about that decision he made on his own."

"What if it's a girl?" remarked Violet, giving you an agreeable look.

"Tell them," you ordered Mycroft.

He squirmed under everyone's gaze, then cleared his throat and spoke proudly, "Mycrofta."

"You're only adding an 'A' on the end, that makes it neither more attractive nor feminine," answered John.

"Thank you!" You cocked your head in an "I told you so" manner and set out your hand to receive a high five from John. Mycroft rolled his eyes and went back to looking down at his plate.

"I don't know, I kinda like it," admitted Mary. She bit back a laugh and you sent her a glare. "Think about it: Sherlock and Mycrofta - the best of friends, or the best of lovers." At that, Mycroft and John both spit out their food and simultaneously yelled "WHAT?!"

"I know," cut in Violet, "we can combine Sherlock and Mycroft's names!" She clapped her hands in excitement and looked around the table expectantly.

Mycroft sighed and uttered with a dull voice, "Mother you are aging, as are your ideas."

"I think it's a great idea." You smiled devilishly at Mycroft and continued, "How about Myclock?"

"Sounds like 'bikelock'. I refuse to let our child be named 'bikelock'," hissed Mycroft.

"What about 'Sherloft'?" offered John.

"Sherlock is still up for grabs," commented Sherlock, raising his voice over everyone else's. No one responded and he sighed. "Okay let's take this to a vote." Mycroft rubbed his temples and shook his head. "Everyone in favor of 'Myclock' raise your hand," commanded Sherlock. You, Violet, and Siger raised your hands.

Sherlock continued, "Now all those in favor of 'Sherloft', raise your hand." Mary and John were the only ones.

"C'mon honey play along, make it interesting," you urged Mycroft. He raised his hand grudgingly for 'Sherloft'.

Sherlock then went on, "Now all those in favor of 'Sherlock' raise your hand." He was the only one. He smirked around triumphantly. "Looks like Sherlock is the winner."

There was an outburst from the crowd.

"That's a tie!"

"'Sherlock' only had one vote!"

"This is rubbish!"

He moved his hands to silence everyone. "Considering I have the intellectual ability of 50 people, that's 50 votes. Majority rules. The child, whether a he or she, shall be named 'Sherlock'."

"That's it," roared Mycroft, "no more baby name talk." Everyone laughed at his fit and you winked at him from across the table. He tried to keep a mad look on his face, but gave in and smiled smally at you anyway. Once everyone had quieted down and all that was heard was the clinking of forks and dishes and chewing mouths, Sherlock broke the silence one last time.

"What about the name 'Greg'? Don't think I know anyone named that."

A/N

Happy Easter to you all! If you don't celebrate it, then I hope you've still had a great day! :)

Thank you all for 92K READS. Woah. Super close to 100K. Blows my mind, seriously. When I started this, I never thought I'd take it this far. And I definitely never thought I would engage with and meet so many wonderful people.

You truly are my children and I love every single one of you. Whether you are a silent reader, or you are one of my top commenters (you know who you are), you are all amazing. Seriously. You all make my day. And you make the late nights I spend writing this worth it.

Anyways (I got really gushy there for a moment...)

It's time for the sad truth.

Spring break is over. From now until about the second week of May I will be at my busiest. But I will do my best to update as much as possible. Bear with me people.

Random: What is your favorite ice cream flavor? (Mine is mint chocolate chip)

(Can't really say good night because it's like 7pm here soo)

Evening.