Chapter Two

"Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. "

                                                                                           -Margaret Mead

Song: Let It Go by Demi Lovato (Frozen OST)

CHAPTER 2

Tina's POV

The flight to New York was long and tiring.

The first things I noticed once I was out of the plane were the tall buildings, crowd and busy streets.

Not bad.

I didn't realize that I was staring at the scenario ahead of me for too long until someone tapped me on my shoulder.

I turned around to see who it was and was greeted by a beautiful woman in her late 50's. She had hazel brown eyes and wavy shoulder- length brown hair.

"Is this yours?" She smiled as she politely asked me, handing a scarlet Chanel purse and what looked like mine.

I checked my hands. Crap. I forgot I had a purse with me.

Did I just forget my purse their on my seat? How will I survive here in the busiest city in the world if I was this careless? Gosh... I was so stupid.

"I saw this on your seat when you're already out of the plane. Good thing you haven't gone far." She said kindly.

I looked at the purse, she was holding out to me. And that was really mine. Thank God she was so kind and generous.

"Yes, it's mine. Thank you so much." I said as I got my purse from her grasp.

"Thank you again." I thanked her again.

She just smiled at me in response. "I gotta go." She said and walked away. I hadn't even gotten her name.

***

I made it to the building where my apartment would be. I made sure to have a comfortable place to stay in before I would decide to live somewhere far from my country.

My first reaction when I got out of the cab and came face to face with the building was...

Wow.

The apartment building was so huge and tall. It had eight floors and has unique and exquisite exterior designs. Clean and shiny glasses covered the exterior. It was just so amazing.

I entered the lobby. If the outside was already beautiful, the inside was more than that. The walls were painted white and marble floor was below my shoes-clad feet. There was an L-shaped sofa and a coffee table at the center of the lobby and flower vases at the corners.

I walked towards the receptionist with the name tag that said "Maia" and asked where my apartment was located. It was on the top floor across the other one. So, that meant there were only two apartments on the top floor.

I thanked Maia and proceeded to the elevator.

"Ding."

The elevator door opened and I walked to search for my apartment room. I walked along the hallway until I found it. I opened the door and walked inside. The first thing I saw was the living room painted in a beige color.

In the living room was a black couch, love seats on both sides and a coffee table with a flower vase on top of it. There was also a flat screen TV attached to the wall across in front of the sala set. Walking upstairs, there was a door to my left, which I opened to reveal my bedroom. Ahead was a balcony and to my left was another door which led to the bathroom.