The Rogue Bludger

|ALEXANDRIA WEASLEY'S P.O.V|

Following the disastrous episode of pixies, Professor Lockhart had finally made a correct decision in not bringing more live creatures to class. He instead, however, took to reading passages aloud from his own books, and sometimes reenacting the dramatic parts. He usually picked Harry to help him with these performances; so far, Harry had played a simple Transylvanian villager whom Lockhart had cured of a Babbling Curse, a yeti with a head cold, and a vampire who had been unable to eat anything except lettuce since Lockhart had dealt with him.

Although lacking the true purpose of the class, I found that Defense Against the Dark Arts had become my favorite. I therefore rushed Harry to the classroom for our very next lesson, my hand wrapped around his wrist as we sped through the corridors — Ron and Hermione a great distance behind.

"This isn't funny," Harry huffed, tugging hard against my hold on him as we neared the door. I ignored him.

"I wonder what you will be today," I thought aloud happily, simply tightening my grip. I used my free hand to push open the door, my bag slipping off my shoulder and into the crook of my elbow from the struggle. "Perhaps a distressed princess. . . . oh oh, how Lockhart must save you from the terrible dragon —"

"That is not one of his books," Hermione rolled her eyes, finally reaching us with Ron by her side. She also ignored Harry's pleads, quite disheartened by my lack of familiarity with her idol's work.

"Hush, don't spoil it."

Harry began to drag his feet as I lead the way into the nearly empty classroom; the only other people inside were three Hufflepuff girls, who were overeager to spend the next hour staring at Lockhart's face. I simply pulled harder at my raven-haired friend, until we had reached the front of the classroom. There, I pushed him down hard into a seat and then took the one beside him.

"You know that I could easily just stand up, right?" said Harry, despite the loose hold I still had on his wrist.

"I swear to Merlin, I will sit on you."

The door to Lockhart's office, which was at the top of a spiral staircase toward the right side of the room, suddenly banged open. The professor himself emerged; his hair was swept perfectly on his head and his magenta robes were ironed neatly, all to match the wide smile on his face..

"Good afternoon, second years," said Professor Lockhart as he descended the staircase with his wand twirled between two fingers and one of his books tucked under his arm. "Mr. Potter, please join me at the front of the classroom — you will be playing a werewolf today."

Almost immediately, a loud sigh came from beside me as Harry stood up. I had almost forgotten my hold on his arm, and released him quickly — the palm of my hand was very warm from where it had touched his skin.

"Nice howl, Harry — exactly — and then, if you'll believe it, I pounced — like this – slammed him to the floor — thus — with one hand, I managed to hold him down — with my other, I put my wand to his throat — I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the immensely complex Homorphus Charm — he let out a piteous moan — go on, Harry — higher than that — good — the fur vanished — the fangs shrank — and he turned back into a man. Simple, yet effective — and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks."

You would not believe how quickly an hour can pass when you're watching Harry Potter roll around the floor with narration.

The bell rang and Lockhart closed his book.