23. Gasoline

omg I actually finished something I started writing ack you have no idea how many times I've started to write something and then ended up scrapping it ugh

anyway this one shot is based off of an rp I'm having with queendestiel and it's a cYBORG!CAS AND MECHANIC'S SON!DEAN AU itS GREAT I just don't know if I did it justice though rip

and the song in the description is Halsey because I'm in love with her bye

(on another random note I saw Finding Neverland on a trip to NYC with my school the other day and across from the theatre was tHE THEATRE THAT SHOWS HAMILTON I SCREAMED ON THE BUS IDNSKSNS anyway enough of my strange tendencies lmao)

****************

Castiel's whole world was filled with mechanical whirls, clanking cogs, and whirring, tangled up wires. But the thing is, most of those mechanisms made Castiel who he was. He would simply be some spare parts and random coding if it wasn't for John Winchester, the man who programmed him.

He may not have learned much, but he learned enough of what he needed to. Firstly, everything was made for a reason, as a small part of a whole to help a greater cause. And also, he was created to help the humans, just like the rest of his "family," or the other cyborgs like him. The others weren't as closely associated with them, but Castiel was. Especially the mechanic's son, Dean.

Castiel had human parts, of course, but he wasn't fully human. The people at the marketplace where he and Dean would run errands definitely reminded him of it. Yet he still saw Castiel in a way that no one else did. Instead of seeing the silicon eyes and mechanical smile, he saw sparkling blue eyes and a soft, pink mouth. Dean made Castiel feel human, even if he wasn't so. Then again, out of all of the human organs that he contained, he didn't have a real heart. So how was he supposed to know how he felt?

Dean had unplugged Castiel from his charging socket that night, requesting for his company. When the cyborg had asked where he was needed, he had simply smiled and said that it was a surprise. So Castiel had resorted to following him down the halls, towards an area that he had never been to before. A clear glass elevator was waiting for them at the end of the dim hallway.

"Where are we going?" Castiel asked, tilting his head confusedly.

Dean turned his head towards him just as he had typed a passcode into the elevator, the glass sliding open as a grin was on his face. "It's a surprise. You'll see."

Castiel's curiosity was overwhelming him as he stepped into the elevator, right next to Dean. Their arms brushed together momentarily as they moved a bit so that they were facing each other. Dean pressed a single button on the dashboard, and they zoomed upwards.

Castiel looked up, his eyes fixated on the way that the end of the elevator's path was a gaping hole, open to the outside. "I've never been here before."

The mechanic's son adjusted himself a bit, his smile still on his face. "Yeah, there's no work to be done here. I just think this would be nice for a change." The elevator stopped moving, and Castiel saw that they were outside. The glass door slid open, and Dean walked out, beckoning the cyborg to follow him. Castiel looked around in wonder as he realized that they were on the roof, and the night air was blowing around them. He only went outside if he needed to go on a run for parts with Dean, and it was always in the daytime. But the night had to be his favorite, the moon shining brightly and stars twinkling above them. He was so mesmerized by the sight that he hadn't noticed Dean clearing his throat.