Sunset of Past Lives

My life will end at sunset. But another will begin with the sunrise.

Happiness.
It feels like a drug flowing through my veins. I am high. I am flying. So high that I can feel my head exploding.

I can't think. I don't want to.
I just want to keep staring at the sun until I can no longer see. Until I no longer exist.

I will fade away like a memory brought through our youth. Something that tickles the back of your mind.
Is it real? Or was it just a dream. A figment of imagination.

It is cold. I can feel a flood of anxiety in my chest. It hurts. I can't breath.

I feel like a pile of dust. Blowing away with just a slightest breeze. I stand no chance against the world.

A lonely little patch of darkness. And to me the sunlight feels so good. So warm. But I always end up getting burned.

So when the sun sets, there will be no way to tell the difference between me, and the absence of light.

But my guilt and regret will be turned into a new hope for a new soul.

With death comes life. There can be no good without bad. And I am the bad. The trash that weighs down the spirits of those around me. But we can recognize those who lift up the spirits. And we need more of those people.

But I will be gone soon.
The sunlight dancing at my fingertips will disappear.

And I have no control over what happens after sunset.

I can do no more for you.

Good luck at sunrise.