Alternate Ending #4

Liesel's POV:
I hear ringing in my head as I open my eyes. To my astonishment, I'm laying on the ground on a pile of debris. I look around and the whole world around me is the same. Bombs. I replay the word thousands of times as I find the strength to stand up. My legs are weak so I stumble as I move. I look around me and see Mama and Papa being carried away to the hospital. I race after for them and ask, "Where are you taking my Mama and Papa?!" "Don't worry. Your parents will be fine. We think most people on the street will survive. But some people are in fatal condition like that boy over there." I look over at the boy but only when I see his lemon colored hair do I run over. "Rudy?! Rudy, listen to me!" My heart seems to be pounding uncontrollably and I feel very dizzy. "Rudy, wake up! Rudy? Rudy? Rudy, wake up I-I need you. You're my best friend and I-I-I love you." I lean down and sob in his shirt wishing he were awake so I could see him. I look up at him then and just as I am about to walk away, I hear, "Liesel?"

Rudy's POV:
"Rudy?", she asks as she moves back to me. Once she sees my open eyes, she starts to break down crying. After she looks up at me, I tell her, "I love you too." This makes her cry again and she buries her head in my shirt as she cries. "You had me so scared Rudy . I don't know what I would ever do without you. I- I love you.", she says. "I love you too.", I say.