Chapter Eight: The Mysteries of Attraction

(C)Copyright SJCLewis 2016 

Sorry this has taken so long guys! I couldn't get it right! To be honest, it still isn't right but I will probably come back through and edit again. Enjoy! (Picture above of Bash)

Dedicated to DMHRgirl for all her likes on this story! Thankyou! :)

Darcie had to ring several times before Minvera picked up her phone. When she eventually did, her voice was groggy with sleep.

"What do you want?!"

"Min? It's me." Darcie replied, extremely conscious of a dour - faced Bash, who was leaning against one of the many cars parked in the extensive driveway, and who was surveying her with an uncomfortably perceptive expression.  "I'm on my way home!" 

She heard the sound of the duvet rustling on the other end of the line and Minerva yawning loudly. "I didn't know you were out." she said eventually, and Darcie rolled her eyes. "Where'd you go last night? Tims?"

Darcie stiffened. "I'm in Surrey. It's a long story." she replied, rather tightly. "Listen, I'm going to send you a picture..."

"Surrey!?" Minerva repeated confusedly, and Darcie thought she heard Dan mumble something in the background. "Did you say Surrey?"

"Yes, yes!" Darcie replied impatiently, jumping slightly when Bash shifted his weight from one leg to the other. "I went home with a bunch of Tito's... friends. I'm going to send you a picture of the guy i'm with. And his car. If I'm not back tomorrow, take them to the police."

"What?" Minvera mumbled, bewildered, although sounding much more awake now. "The police!?What are you on about? Are you ok? Is Tito with you?" 

At the sound of his name, Tito looked up from the motorbike he was tinkering with and furrowed his brows. Darcie choked on her words. What could she say without sounding insane? 

Send help, Tito's a werewolf? I'm in a house full of werewovles?

"Darce? You still there?!" Minerva was sounding worried now.

Darcie met Tito's gaze and he blinked at her expectantly. Clutching her phone tighter-still in her sweaty hand, she took a shaky step backwards. 

"Yeah I'm here...Tito...Tito's here!"

Her voice quavered and Tito shook his head, grinning in an exasperated fashion. 

"He's there? Well you're alright then, aren't you?" Minerva queried suspiciously. "Is he going to stay with you?" 

Darcie shook her head dumbly, her shoulders sagging for a moment beneath the realisation that: no, she was not alright. She cast her eyes towards the front door, governed by a lingering fear that the improbable, grotesque monster she'd faced in the study would appear again and come for her. She was battling with forcibly subdued terror, and the notion that the events of that morning were far too impossible to be true; Werewolves didn't exist, and Maya simply couldn't have transformed her body in such a way. A few, fat tears dropped from her lashes and she shook her head again, all at once feeling rather sick.

"Darcie? Fucks-sake! Is Tito going to stay with you?!"

Darcie heaved a sigh. 

"Don't know." she replied at length, choosing not to elaborate any further lest Minerva heard the tears in her voice. Instead, she took her mobile away from her ear and snapped a picture of the very distinctive Nissan Skyline that Bash was leaning against. Typing the registration underneath, she sent the photo in a text to Minerva before holding the phone to her mouth again.