Chapter 5

"Skye Hale! Hmp! Never imagined you had the guts to come back," Chloe said, soon all the girls around her got a wooden bat out and some had rope. Jane took a step back. "Ah! Don't worry Ms. Curly Blonde! You'll join them too," Chloe said. I sighed then said "Chloe, why are you doing this?" Soon all of them laughed. "Girls get them!" Chloe said, but then I heard a growl beside me, I look to see Daniel shaking violently but before any girls could get near us, Daniel attacked them without hesitation, throwing them aside and punching them. Most of them were wolves so Daniel didn't care.

Chloe looked at Daniel, she jumped back. Shocked at what Daniel just did. I stood in front of Jane protectively because if she touched any of my Pack then Alpha Mason would be furious even though Chloe threatened us. Suddenly Chloe attacked with some girls behind her and they easily took down Daniel since Chloe was also a powerful Wolf. Right as Chloe was running towards me with her bat in the air before the bat could hit, I closed my eyes waiting for the painful hit...

but it never came.

I opened my eyes to see a tall figure standing in front of me, stopping the bat from hitting me by just holding the bat.

The feeling of his presence made me know who he is, "Nate?" Chloe asked, as she raised an eyebrow. "Chloe, Luna of the Moonlight pack," Nate said, his voice making my stomach filled with killer butterflies. "What are you doing?" Chloe asked, not lowering her bat down. "I should be asking you the same question," Nate said but then he continued "You are swinging your bat too high and when you hit one of your pack members, Skye. Then you'll also hit my pack member, Jane,"

Then all of a sudden Mason shouted "What the hell is going on here?!" obviously angry. Chloe quickly pulled her bat behind her and said "Nothing," I saw Jane rolled her eyes but we both kept quiet. "Well, Alpha Mason. I wish I truly knew what was going on here? but I should suggest you ask your Mate here," Nate said calmly. Mason's eyes narrowed at Chloe and I could hear Chloe's heartbeat accelerating. "Chloe?" Mason asked, she just smiled with her hands behind her back still holding the bat behind her back and said "I was just talking to some people, You know the usual Luna stuff," But Mason wasn't stupid. He quickly grabbed what Chloe was holding behind her back and once he saw the bat he asked "Are you trying to hit Alpha Nathaniel here?" "Please just call me Nate," Nate said as he put his fingers on his temples as if the name Nathaniel bothered him.

"Hmm? I'm waiting for an answer Chloe!" Mason asked in frustration. "Uhh... " Chloe looked down as she put a strand of her hair behind her ear. "You want to know the truth Alpha Mason?" Daniel asked as he stood up wiping the blood from his nose. Mason folded his arms and said "Please enlighten me Daniel," In his Alpha voice which had no effect on me. Daniel then pointed at Chloe and said "She wanted to punish Skye Hale," Mason looked at Daniel as if he was a headless chicken running in circles.

"Punish her for what?" Mason asked, You could easily see that his wolf wanted to break out. So was Daniels' "Punish her for coming back, punish her for coming back home, to her own pack. Punish her for looking different Puni--" I cut Daniel off by saying "I think he gets the point Daniel," Mason then looked at Chloe with fire in his eyes and not the good kind of fire, the bad one. "And why are you here?" Mason asked Nate. "I'm here because Jane was here. If she would have swung her bat at your member here, Jane would also get hurt as well," Nate said with absolutely no emotion shown on his face.

Jane stepped away from me and stood beside Nate. "I am terribly sorry Alpha Nate. I shall have a word with my Mate here. I'm also sorry Jane for getting you in this situation. Also for Skye and Daniel. I will make sure she will be more kind from now on," Mason said as he grabbed Chloe by the arm and dragged her else where, With Chloe's girls following them. Jane and Daniel just looked at each other and nodded, knowing both of them are safe and no harm was done.

Nate suddenly came in front of me and asked "Are you okay?" Was I okay? I had no idea. First of all, he rejected me. I felt sad, torn, broken and any word that you could relate to that and secondly he marked me as his even though he was the enemy and now that he marked me, I wanted and craved for him more than ever, and lastly. Out of nowhere, he suddenly came to my rescue. Now I don't know how to feel about that, All I knew was that I wanted to push him onto my bed and make oh sweet love to him.

I nodded with my mouth open, totally lost for words. Even though my head was ranting. "Good, because this won't happen again," he said as he turned around but for some reason something snapped inside me. "Why?" I asked, but more like shouted. He stopped and turned around. I said nothing, but all I did was pull my hair to one side and showed him his mark on me. He suddenly was in front of me and he hissed "It's nothing but a bite mark. It will heal," but before he could turn around. I grabbed his arm and said "No, it's not a bite mark. It's a mark, you claimed me but we haven't Mated. Now that you have claimed me. It would be hard, when months will past both of us will grow weak.... If you weren't planning on mating me then you shouldn't have claimed me."

He looked at me seriously. "It may be hard for you but not for me," he said as he stared right into my soul. I knew that my heart shattered again and it's all because of him. "If you'll excuse us," Nate said as he turned around and walked away with Jane at his tail. "Daniel, do you think it is hopeless?" I asked Daniel even though I knew that Nate would hear me. "Nope! Nate loves you even though he doesn't show it."

--------------------------------------------- Later on that day

        "Hey guys!" Jane chirped as she sat down with us. "Hey beautiful," Daniel flirted, Jane rolled her eyes and started talking to me "Skye, I have good news and I have bad," I sighed and asked "What is the good news?" she smiled. "I know that Alpha Nate loves you," she said, I narrowed my eyes on her and asked "And the bad?" "He has quite the temper, one moment he could be happy and playful with us and the next thing he would be moody and very stubborn," she said. "And that's bad news for me why?" I asked, confused on why should that be bad news for me.

"It means that whatever feelings he has for you, he is just fighting it," she said "I think you shouldn't fight yours... You know. You two are meant for each other. Months later both of you will be weak since he has marked you," "You have to show him that you know. You love him," Daniel said, I sighed knowing that they are just trying to help me but the more you think of it, having your mate as the Alpha enemy is quite stressful and painful. Don't want to admit it but I can't deny the truth.

"Guys, I'll see you later. I think I just need time to think, I'll head home," I said. "You need a ride?" Daniel asked, concern written all over his face. "Daniel, she said she needs some time alone," Jane said as she playfully slapped his shoulder. I smiled and left.

***

        I opened the door to my house and shouted "Dad! I'm home!" "I'm in the kitchen Skye!" he shouted back, and I could already smell the sweet delicious scent of pork chops and sweet corn. "Hmm... Dad That sure smells good," I said as I threw my backpack on the couch but then as I entered the kitchen the scene in front of me, confused me.

There was a slim girl in front of me, who was drinking milk. She had dark eyes with tanned skin, and curly black hair. "Uhh.. Dad?" I asked awkwardly. He folded his arms and said "Skye, I have a confession to make... It won't be easy to explain so I'll just get right to the point. Right after your mother, I actually found my mate. My true mate. So we kinda had a child together," My eyes grew wide and my throat became dry.... I had a sister.

"Skye Hale, meet your sister Nikki Hale," my father said

Nikki smiled and said "Pleasure to meet you, sister!"