Chapter 27. Final

The sound of the gun echoed through the room. Skye's heart hitched up to her throat, she didn't know if she chose the right person to kill but as of now Skye wasn't in the room filled with fighting, she wasn't holding a gun nor was she deciding the most difficult decision on her life.

She was back to a child where she would dream about how she would meet her mate, how they would see each other for the first time and it would start out with a hug rather than a kiss, she imagined how he would ask permission from her father so they could go out on their first date. How they both would stroll around the territory in their wolf form and not be scared of the possible danger that lurks within the woods. She would already plan her wedding by choosing what flowers she was to hold or what color would her eye-shadow would be.

She didn't expect her mate would be the enemy and they would go through so much drama and problems that would lead her to hold a gun. Especially when she is pregnant with her mate's baby and not the way she planned or expected but she loved Nate more than ever, she loved to the point she would risk anything-- except their baby-- to protect him, to do anything to keep him within her reach. She never imagined she would find out that her mother wasn't her real mother and she would be reunited with her father, she also never imagined she would have a sister who is a traitor or for short would be a bitch. Everything that is happening in that moment Skye didn't plan nor expected but I guess life isn't easy and it isn't fair.

but this is her life she was determined to protect it even though things didn't go her way.

Everybody watched as Nikki's body fell to the floor lifelessly, her one eye filled with death and the other already dead. Skye didn't know why tears were falling down her face as she watched her sister fall down to the ground. She hated Nikki with all her guts, she hated her for what she had put her through but despite everything Skye always wanted a sister. She must of cried not because she regretted nor did she missed Nikki but because she wished Nikki had turned out differently. She wished her sister was more kind and less bitch. She wondered if Nikki was raised together with Skye, they would play dress up, do each others make up, tell each other boy drama and relationship advises.

While everyone was distracted by the tragic yet relief event of Nikki's death, Skye's father and everyone took the chance of helping Nate fight the big brown wolf, Skye couldn't move nor could she put her hand down that held the gun. She was too shaken up and too frightened that Skye Hale killed her own sister. Her legs were shaking and her arms were trembling, tears still ran down her face but she didn't blink. Her heart was beating fast she doesn't know if it is normal for her heart to beat in such a way but right as her muscles were about to give up and she would fall to the floor. A pair of strong arms wrapped around her body keeping her from falling.

Instead the gun fell out of her hands, she already knew who caught her she could smell his scent. Nate didn't care if pain shot through his arm or his back, he didn't care if other saw him naked all he wanted to do was have his mate in his arms, his world, his everything. He missed how he would hold his mate in his arms, long nights and long days have haunted Nate as he thought that any moment, life would take his mate away from him, life took away his parents he wouldn't let it take away the one he loved. It scared him and his wolf too much knowing people were after his mate wanting to take and kill her. Now that he has protected her, all he wants to do is love and cherish her.

He would want to finally start their family like normal werewolf family. "My love, it's alright... I'm here now. You're safe," Nate cooed, Skye then started calming down but her breathing was still heavy but she melted into Nate's arms she knew she was safe but she just couldn't believe she actually killed her own sister. Everything around her started to get blurry and the voices were shut out.

Everything was back to normal but it was a whole new life for Skye. Skye didn't exactly know what normal is, her life wasn't normal from the beginning but right as of now she was contented, happy and most of all full of spirit. Her bulging abdomen excited her-- she was ready and excited to be a mother and most of all finally have a normal werewolf family with Nate. Nate spent his days cherishing his wife and giving her the love he wasn't able to give her the past few months. He missed his wife and most of all his child growing inside of her.

"Nate?"

"Yes dear?" Nate's voice ring through the room as they look out the window. Nate's hands wrapped around Skye's waist rubbing his hands on her abdomen. "Why didn't you cry when Nikki died?" she asked out of curiosity, Nate sighed but then replied "Nikki was my first love, yes... but I didn't cry because she was a threat to me-- basically she threatened you making it be a threat to me. I wanted you safe and I wanted to protect you if I have to kill anyone to make you safe then I'll do it a billion times if I have to," A smile and blush crept onto Skye's face.

Her hands wrapped around his hands and she softly said "I love you Nate," Nate smirked as he gently picked her up making her squeal and faced her around so he could kiss the bridge of her nose "I love you more!!" They both stared at each other eyes intimately, they started leaning in and as their lips touched it instantly grew into a hungry kiss. Wanting to feel and touch the other not leaving a single spot untouched. Skye could already feel how damp she was getting and Nate was already hard as a rock.

They peeled each other's clothes off and did what needed to be done to satisfy them.

The night was filled with passion and love....

        that could only be strong and felt by an Alpha and his mate.

The End.

Hey guys! This story will be published either this year or next year due to a lot of editing. I already have an agent. And will be announcing once it's done. But the version that will be published will be more detailed and much much better!

-Anna