=25= Revert

[9:40AM, January 18, UTC +02:00]

ADAM rolled his shoulders to ease out the crick in his neck and looked up from the stack of utility bills. The breakdown of the electricity consumption over the past two weeks looked frightening, and he resolved to discuss it with the children once they returned from school. He set the papers aside and turned to look at Ecru who was wrapped around his pillow like a koala, snoring softly.

=ADAM!=

Adam looked down at one of the papers, focused all his attention on a dot and blanked his mind, hoping that if he avoided letting out any loose thoughts, the disturbance would go away.

= I KNOW YOU'RE AWAKE, ADAM!=

He sighed. He could never be so lucky.

What is it?

=CHICKEN!=

He groaned and rubbed his eyes. He really wasn't in the mood for this at this time of the day.

I'm coming down. Don't touch anything.

=HURRY!=

He heaved himself out of the chair and slid his feet into his fuzzy black slippers. He reached for the thermostat to turn down the set temperature, then moved over to the bed to pull the duvet over Ecru's shoulders. Sure, they had more than enough money to pay for whatever the electricity bill would eventually amount to, but the present circumstances had set his attitude towards conserving energy, whether magical or physical. Ecru shifted under the covers, rolling to lie on his stomach and Adam slowly sat on the bed beside him and reached over to push the hair out of Ecru's face. He had noticed the changes in Ecru's appearance over the last three days; his skin was still pale, but more creamy than deathly, his lips and cheeks were now flushed pink, and his hair seemed richer, more like dark brown than black. He had been handsome as a vampire but now he looked almost...angelic.

"You're staring," Ecru muttered. Adam smiled.

"Only because you're so adorable."

Ecru wrinkled his nose and turned away without opening his eyes. "Creep."

Adam chuckled and leaned over to plant a kiss in between Ecru's shoulder blades. He slowly trailed his lips upwards towards the base of Ecru's neck and grinned at the shudder he got in response.

"What are you doing?" Ecru asked with a husky voice. Adam couldn't tell if it was from sleep or arousal. He hoped the latter.

"Trying to wake you up. It's nearly ten and I'm sure our breakfast is cold."

Ecru groaned. "I need another hour. Or two. Or five. Just...leave me alone."

Adam sighed. "I know you're struggling to readjust but you have to stop this habit of staying up all night only to sleep during the day."

"Why? It worked just fine before."

"But things are different now, and you know it. You're disrupting up your circadian cycle and offsetting your metabolism and hormone levels. We can't afford to have anything messing with your health."

Ecru sat up and turned over, his eyes narrowed into a confrontational glare. "Are you speaking out of personal concern, or as my team leader?"

Adam huffed and shook his head. "Does it matter either way?"

They stared at each other for a few tense seconds, before Ecru raised the duvet over his head and slumped back into bed.

"I'll be down by twelve."