{Chapter 52 : Wicked Ones}

Ridged breath left Vincent's lungs like fire, fingers trickling under the soft filament of Kailan's shirt; fighting the urge to damn near rip it right from his chest. He had been attached to Vinny's neck for what felt like an hour, and every provocative bite and pulling kiss was forcing his restraints down harder. He was still concerned about hurting Kailan, so sex had been off the table. Though he had recovered a bit, he felt so precious and brittle now, like an antique vase, and all the while, Vincent was a hammer waiting to be put in motion.

Despite how much he told himself to slow before things went too far, the pleasure that trembled in his stomach was irresistible. His response was quite the opposite, instead pulling their bodies closer.

Kailan's mouth on his skin—it was the best thing he could remember feeling in months. And as he felt the pinch of his thorny canines sink into the bruised flesh of his neck, Vinny's body jolted up against him.

Kailan had been enjoying it, and Vincent could hear it in the airy chuckle that breezed his neck—and then in the way Kailan's hips dragged down, grating slow and pressured against Vincent's lap. And as if that wasn't torture enough, Kailan had begun playing games with his tongue—trailing it up the skin of Vinny neck before settling into the space beneath his jaw. There, he bit down, sucking on the little red mark left behind.

It was difficult to breathe past the sensation, when Vinny so wanted to feel it in other places. But so far, Kailan hadn't strayed from his neck—he seemed focused on it, and already he had peppered inch upon inch with dozens of bite-impressed marks.

Even this felt like enough for Vincent, enough to tighten his jeans and deepen his breathing. His lips separated into a soft gasp as he felt Kailan bite down again, the pain of it scattering into a hot pleasure that rained down Vincent's back. He pushed his head back against the pillow, opening his neck for Kailan's to do as he pleased. Beneath it all, he was trying with his might not to pin him down and take more than just the samples he was given. Not yet. Not until Kailan was ready.

The soft buzz of his cell phone rattled against the nightstand at his side, and he reached blindly for it. He had planned to silence the call all together, but at the sight of Turner's name, Vinny swallowed the heat in his throat and answered.

"What?" he spat, holding the phone on his free-side, while Kailan was still very much consuming the space on his other.

"Yeesh..." Turner scoffed on the other end of the line, a sassy peculiarity in his voice. "Am I interrupting something?"

Kailan watched Vinny with amusement. So, technically it was their boss on the phone, but that wasn't going to stop him from having a bit of fun.

He slid down just enough to press his lips to Vinny's collarbone. He'd figured it out before—how much Vinny loved the feel of his love-bites. It was his weapon of choice, leaving gentle ones just above his pectoral. Then he moved on to kiss under his chin, where Kailan was sure to chuckle just loud enough for Turner to hear.

"So I am," he heard Turner's voice ring on, serenading insinuates through the speakers. Then he assumed a more somber tone. "Listen, kid. We've got a problem down town. Some theft going on in a shopping district."

"Have the others deal with it," Vinny replied, straining himself to hold back his tattered breath. It grew rickety as Kailan slithered down even more, pressing his mouth to Vincent's chest. Again, he left red marks, running them down his sternum and onto his stomach, where the muscles flinched upon the lightest touch of his lips.

"Jahni's on his way, but he's at least twenty minutes from the city. We need eyes on him now, and do you honestly expect me to send April and Gigi out by themselves? We're trying to renovate the face of Wickeds, not vandalize it all over again," Turner was saying, but Vinny was halfway out of conversation. His breathing had picked up rapidly, fingers passing down through Kailan's hair. It was long enough now to grip between his fingers, and Vinny clung to it with a gentle hold.