The Star Maidens Curse Chapter 11- Hypnotised

"Come in," I said, not wanting to move from the balcony.

"Good morning, or should I say good afternoon," a familiar voice said, the figure instantly behind me. I quickly turned to see Cillian standing at the French doors with a charming, self-assured smile.

"How did you get here so quickly?" I asked, staring at him in amazement.

"What's life without a little magic?" he said with an endearing grin. His warm green eyes softened as he admired me. "You look so beautiful, Tilly, like a dew-kissed rose from the garden."

Even though I was worried about my fate, I couldn't help but blush at his compliment. Stepping beside me, he looked more than handsome.

"Is that a smile I see trying to escape from those lovely lips?"

His proximity sent a shiver through my body, and I could no longer contain my smile. Cillian's face lit up. The sunlight kissed his face and burnished his hair with mahogany highlights making him look almost angelic.

"Now that's more like it. You look even more beautiful when you smile. I was thinking it was time you and I talked," he said, taking in the view. "After what happened yesterday, I understand that you're confused, frightened, and more than a little angry."

"What do you expect? Of course, I'm confused and you're damned right I'm angry." I left out the part about being afraid. I didn't want him to think I was some weak damsel in distress that needed to be coddled. "You have no idea what it's like to be torn away from your home and everyone you love."

He looked at me. I averted my face, afraid of what he might find in my eyes. I had to learn to keep my face stony if I was going to be seen as anything but a frightened little girl.

"I'd like to apologise for our behaviour yesterday. Seraphina was right to chastise us. We're not from your world and, sometimes, our conduct reflects that difference."

"Sometimes?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Cillian merely smiled.

"I'm more worried about my Mum. She must be frantic by now, and no doubt the police have gotten involved."

It was meant to sound like I was in control, that I was stating a fact about what would be happening back home, but just thinking about my mom brought tears to my eyes.

"There are ways we can let your family know you're safe," he said. "And I'd very much like the opportunity to demonstrate how much of a gentleman I can be."

Anger flared up inside of me. A gentleman? What would he now about being a gentleman? I regarded him with scepticism. Seeing this side to Cillian, I began to suspect his similarity to his brothers. From my experience, any man who refers to himself as a gentleman is rarely a gentleman. Donte never claimed to be a gentleman. He just was, and I loved that about him.

"A gentleman doesn't force himself on a woman," I said. "Nor would he frighten her or threaten to harm her."

"And I'll see to it that it never happens," he said with a sincere expression. "I intend to prove to you that I'm more than a gentleman."

"It's already happened. It happened the moment you and your brothers saw fit to snatch me from my life and take me, prisoner," I retorted.

"Tilly it's..." he started.

"Just don't ok," I snapped, masking my surprise when he stopped and just looked at me with a certain sadness in his eyes.

I so badly wanted to believe that he was sincere, but how could I after everything that had happened? Just because Cillian was nicer to me than his brothers were didn't make him any sort of a hero.